Gifts …

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from socdad

socdad

I wanted to make a pen for my wife's birthday & would like to choose between these two …
Watch Parts Areo + Triton.jpg

To finish my week a few fishing buddies asked if I could build a pen with a fishing theme, the bass fisherman wanted bass, the walleye …walleye & so on. I hope these will be a hit with them.

fish_edited s.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
I agree with Phil - Give her both (or her choice... then you get to have one).

Oh, I think you have one to0 many of the fish pens, so I'll PM my address!!!

VERY Nice for all of them.

elkhorn

I think the Sierra will fit her hand better, so you can then send me the big one:big grin:

Great job on all of them!

socdad

I appreciate the comments. She will get her choice & probably will take the Areo. She is welcome to both but is unlikely to want theTriton. Rollerballs are seldom her pen of choice. I thought one of Toni's PolyClay would be great for her, but like many of my ideas it came to me a bit late … next holidayfor that one.

I've gotten several messages from my fishing partners; I mayneed to order more decals …

Wooly

I like your fish pens! You mentioned you ordered the decals. I thought about making some decals myself, but, if you have a source I would like to check them out.

Thanks,
Wooly

D.Oliver

Those pens are great especially the two clock parts. The stand also caught my eye. Is it glass that is just reflecting the pens above or is the something embedding in the stand?

Fay Prozora

I love those fish pens. I looked at the site where they are sold and will have to order some and make some fish pens and some fly tying pens. What kind of a finish did you use on yours? This is going to be fun to try. I do have some fish decals that I've had for years but they are much too large for pens. Thanks for the ideas.. Fay

socdad

Thanks everyone.

Derek … I make the stands by pouring the left over resin in a measuring cup and adding watch parts that are too large to use in pens. Each of the stands is 3 or 4 layers thick.

Fay … After applying the decal on the blank it is necessary to top coat the decal with decal bonder, available at Hobby Lobby. After that I use a CA finish

Dennis … They are parts from watches (broken) that I pickedup at local jewelry stores. In most cases they are willing to give them away … but I am not using 'high end' watches ...

Top Bottom