Gift for a Supplier

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from HazzaB

HazzaB

Hey There,

I did a day trip down south on the weekend, One of my suppliers was having a Cleanout in his shed, (always willing to help a mate clean his shed) He gave me a box of Pen Blanks that he said he couldn't sell:confused:, he got excited about a couple of bits, so I thought that I would make him and his wife a pen to show my appreciation for letting me help him Clear out some of the junk from his shed. The timber is Brown Morrell and finished with 20 coats of CA and Hutts Friction Wax.

Thanks for Looking

HazzaB

Attachments

• 0609 022.jpg
    0609 022.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 358
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

They look great. Nice timber. What is the kit that you used and where did you get it???? Thanks and thanks for showing.

aggromere

I'm not familiar with that wood. It looks like it would make a good cigar pen. Does you friend have a website where he sells the blanks or do you know where I can get some?

HazzaB

Hey Guys,

Thanks for the Comments,

JT the Kit is a 'Sierra Excutive Australiana' from Timberbits

Aggromere they sell on E-Pay their store is westaustraliantimbersupplies

HazzaB

shawnmhill

Then pens look very good. I just had a couple questions. Was there a reason for 20 coats of CA? How did you keep the bushings from cracking the CA when you removed them? Did you use Delrin? Did the build up still allow for a good transition from material to kit?

HazzaB

Hey Shawn,

The reason that I did so many coats of CA was to get a deep lustre, I could have only done 6-8 and got the same results, as the Hutt Friction Wax buffed it up really well. After I have completed my finish I just go into the join between the bushes and the blank with the end of the skew or exacto knife, just before the waxing. The build up was minimized by giving a quick polish with 2500 wet and dry sandpaper, I have ordered a Micro Mess set, so now I will be getting really flash results.

HazzaB

Last edited:
Top Bottom