Gift Pens - Corian & Praying Hands

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from JD Combs Sr

JD Combs Sr

I was in our local Kitchen/Bathroom fixture/coutertop shop earlier this summer and asked them if they did anything in Corian. The guy behind the counter said no but their shops in London & Frankfort (Kentucky) did. I asked him if they ever had any left over scrap pieces. He said he didn't know but he would find out and since there is a weekly Wednesday milk run between shops he would have any he found delivered to his shop. I said hey that is great. Long story short, 2-3 weeks later I stopped by the shop and he had two nice size pieces for me.

Here is a pen That I made for him as a thank you.
IMG_2213.jpg

Stats:
Pen type = Black titanium slimline dressed in whitish Corian
Finish = Huts plastic polish only

Our Church Pastor informed the congregation this past Sunday that he was resigning to take a new congregation in Atlanta. I made this next pen for him as a going away gift. This is my first Inlay pen.
IMG_2214.jpg IMG_2215.jpg

Edit: The Pastor likes roller ball type pens so I replaced the standard refill with a Parker style gel refill. They write almost the same as a roller ball.
Stats:
Pen type = Elegant Wall-Street II Click Pen In Black Titanium and Chrome
Wood = Olive wood w/Praying Hands Inlay.
Finish = CA (about 8-9 coats) polished with Triple E.

wizard

Great job on both! Great choice of kit with your first pen. I am sure the second one is a gift that will mean a lot to your pastor. You did a fantastic job with the inlay!

Top Bottom