A gift for a family friend in the Army

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from cswillard

cswillard

My wife's friend enlisted in the U. S Army and just graduated from his training school. As a graduation gift I made a European style for the son and a matching Slimline for his mother.

Attachments

• PicCollage.png
    PicCollage.png
    367.3 KB · Views: 263
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Tom1697

Where did you get the Army blank? I would do one for a family that goes to church with us. Her daughter just went into the Air Force. My hope is that wherever you got the Army one, they would have an Air Force one.

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

cswillard

Materials used

I used a piece of maple for the top and a darker piece of cocobolo for the bottom. I pulled the logo from the internet and printed on a piece of transparent water slide decal paper using a laser printer.

I cut the sheets in half both ways to create a 4.25" by 5.5" piece that feeds into my printer. I layout the decals in several size in a word document then print them to the water slide paper. I have also found it is better to reverse the image and text in Word, when you print them, so the toner side of the print goes against the wood and is protected by the decal paper until you add the CA finish. I use a medium CA and apply the first coat by manually turning the pen, while I apply it, to avoid pulling off the decal.

Top Bottom