Gift Cigar Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from rlh

Status
Not open for further replies.

rlh

This Cigar Pen is turned from Golden Desert Ironwood and will be a gift to the outgoing President of a Volunteer Firemen's organization to which I belong. The pen is engraved the same as the box on the opposite side. Both were engraved by Kallenshaan Woods. Critique is welcomed. Thanks for looking.
land%20Pen%20and%20Box-Golden%20Dessert%20Ironwood.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rlh

Thanks everyone!! I appreciate the comments. The Cigar Pen is fast becoming my favorite pen. Hope my customers will feel the same way.[:D][:D]

WoodChucker

Great looking set,Richard! The cigar pen is one of my favorites also, can't beat the price and it makes a nice size pen. How did the engraving turn out on the pen? Do you have a pic of it that you could post? I've got a few I'd like to get done myself and would appreciate it if you can show me what it looks like? Thanks!

Rifleman1776

Very nice pen. How did the golden desert ironwood turn for you? I had a blank and it was almost as soft as balsa, I did not like at all. It seemed, from my experience, that it is a completely different wood than desert ironwood despite the name similarity.

rlh

R.T.
Here is a pic of the engraving. It does not do justice to the engraving. It shows up nicely on the pen.

20057243654_Lyle4.jpg
<br />

Originally posted by WoodChucker
<br />Great looking set,Richard! The cigar pen is one of my favorites also, can't beat the price and it makes a nice size pen. How did the engraving turn out on the pen? Do you have a pic of it that you could post? I've got a few I'd like to get done myself and would appreciate it if you can show me what it looks like? Thanks!

rlh

Frank
The blank I had was quite hard and dense. It turned quite well. However, it did have a very strong smell, very much like urine. Fortunately the odor is almost gone now. I have been letting it air out and since it is not needed until October the odor should be completely gone.

Originally posted by Rifleman
<br />Very nice pen. How did the golden desert ironwood turn for you? I had a blank and it was almost as soft as balsa, I did not like at all. It seemed, from my experience, that it is a completely different wood than desert ironwood despite the name similarity.

WoodChucker

Thanks Richard, appreciate you taking the time to post a pic for me! I know what you mean about the pic not doing it justice. For some strange reason my good looks never show up in pictures either. [:D]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom