A gift from Akbar

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Dalecamino

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
When I met Steve Schwitzer in Cape Coral,Fl. last year,he gave me this blank. It is ,African Blackwood,Padauk with black&white venier. It WAS a full length blank:redface:but,I decided to use this one to drill on the lathe for the first time:redface:.I learned ALOT that day. Someday,when I get my TS jig,I will try making some of these blanks.Thanks for looking!

And,THANK YOU again Steve!!:biggrin:

Attachments

• IMG_0706.JPG
    IMG_0706.JPG
    51.6 KB · Views: 278
  • IMG_0707.JPG
    IMG_0707.JPG
    51.1 KB · Views: 165
  • IMG_0708.JPG
    IMG_0708.JPG
    50.9 KB · Views: 157
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

phillywood

chuck that's very nice looking pen. It may be that your pic. is too dark ,but I can't tell the distinction on the line that much or it maybe my comp., but from what I can see and make out it's beautiful. It's like segmented right?

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
chuck that's very nice looking pen. It may be that your pic. is too dark ,but I can't tell the distinction on the line that much or it maybe my comp., but from what I can see and make out it's beautiful. It's like segmented right?
Sorry the pics are too dark. Yes,it is segmented with venier between the wood pieces.Thank you for the compliment.

Chuck,
Wow. What a pen. Steve is an Artist when it comes to segmenting, and you just nailed that work of art. Great finish too.
Thanks Cris! You're right,Artist is what he is. I am a Hack:redface::wink:

Top Bottom