Gidgee & opal Baron

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from simomatra

simomatra

A Gidgee worthless blank taken advantage of, the void was cleaned and painted black, the opal chips were then placed and tacked in place with medium CA. The CA was then built up and the proud parts of the opal ground below the surface with a Dremmel. The sealing was done with CA and then sanded to 12000MM. Then WOP 8 coats and "Austsol" was used instead of Brasso with PlasicX to complete. The kit is a gold Baron from Addictive.

This pen has been along time in the pipe line and is the prototype of more to come fixing the thing I have found whilst making this one.

Attachments

• G&O.jpg
    G&O.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 242
  • G&O1.jpg
    G&O1.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 171
  • G&O2.jpg
    G&O2.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 130
  • G&O3.jpg
    G&O3.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 309
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

NewLondon88

Local Chapter Leader
I kinda like it on one side.. it looks different depending on how you look at it.
Sort of like having two pens in one. :tongue:

Looking good, Sam

Daniel

A very nice selection of opals in there. I did this a couple of years ago. I filled in around the opals with crushed opal. I did one small opal inlay in a jr. statesman as a gift for my wife that I am very happy with. I then did a large pen and a wastewood blank like you have here. I am not nearly as happy with the look it is simply to much. since then I ahve seen what others are doing with casting waste wood and am pretty well set on the thought that I not only wasted a lot of opal but a really nice waste wood blank. Live and Learn but for me opal is a fantastic inlay material in small amounts.

Last edited:
Top Bottom