Ghost

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from yorkie

yorkie

I am addicted to this polyresin!! But I have yet to figure out how to get it perfect. I've tried painting my own tubes and then using pre-painted white tubes as it is almost transparent.
The acrylic is called 'Ghost' and 'color shifts' to purple magenta when you rotate it. It is very, very cool! I matched it up with a Silver Tycoon/Baron.

I'm still not 100% happy with it as you can see where the glue is on the tubes. I may revers-paint the next one and then use pre-painted white in addition. It is an amazing acrylic, guys!

Attachments

• IMG_5315.jpg
    IMG_5315.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 189
  • IMG_5316.jpg
    IMG_5316.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 148
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bitshird

Even some white PR colorant/dye will work wonders, only takes a tiny tiny amount and won't mess with the cure time, you can get it any where they sell casting resin, like Michale's or Hobby Lobby or get one ounce containers from US composites for about 3.95 a piece. if you are mixing your own PR get the dyes from US composites.

mrcook4570

Pens look great. Reverse painting will hide the glue better than anything else because it prevents the glue from being seen in the first place.

penfancy

I think the solid colors look classic and timeless. Great job. Painting the blank before gluing tubes would hide anything underneath.

Top Bottom