Getting of Wisdom

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from PenPal

PenPal

I have a return bout with my superb Dentist next week. This is my gift for him. The Xmas card to him had two poems one either inside page. This is one poem by the famous English Comedian Spike Milligan.
English Teeth, English Teeth!
Shining in the sun
A part of British heritage
Aye each and every one.
English Teeth, Happy Teeth!
Always having fun
Clamping down on bits of fish
And sausages half done
English Teeth! HEROES Teeth
Hear them click and clack!
Lets sing a song of praise to them-
Three Cheers for the Brown Grey and Black.

The timber is Tasmanian Tiger Myrtle and the Wisdom Tooth is Corian.

Peter.

Attachments

• DSCF0015.jpg
    DSCF0015.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 330
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PenPal

Cris

I carved the tooth using a Dremel in one hand and the Corian stick in the other. Just finished the first one and it dropped in sawdust so made this one. Holding a fat Dremel is no mean feat with my 75yr old hands doing the best they can. The chuck of the Dremel wore a patch of thumbnail on the left hand I was concentrating so hard but no lasting damage trimmed OK. Then came cutting out the pen using other bits in the Dremel. My dentist promised me a false tooth but did not have a small enough one so I carried on by making one. I also made a pen for a friend of mine a dog lover in Huon Pine and in about the same place as vthis pen Dremelled out the shape of a dogs paw print, filled it with ground Ebony and CA. I will show that just now on the forum as well.

Peter.

Jgrden

Clever and well done. Seventy five years old and you are steady enough to hold the Dremel and do that?? Amazing.

Old Lar

Nice job! I have done a lot of scroll saw pictures and seeing all the scrolled and Dremeled pens out there has inspired me. I'll let you know how they come out.

Top Bottom