Getting Punky

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from mmayo

mmayo

Here are a pair of Steampunks with alumilite blanks from Exotic Blanks. I absolutely love the way this material turns, if you have not tried it - DO IT. If you have time, send me your private PM sharing your selling price for pens like this. I will keep it private and share my price!

Steampunk%20silver%20smoke%201_zpsgaq9e4f1.jpg

Steampunk%20silver%20smoke%202_zpsgvrr1izt.jpg

Steampunk%20copper%20mine%205_zpseanenrzv.jpg

Steampunk%20copper%20mine%204_zpsnvkoy5ct.jpg

SteveG

Those are some nice looking pens, although not what I consider to be 'steampunk' type blanks. My experience is that blanks that really say "Steampunk" work best for sales with this particular kit.

At my venue, a weekly 4-hour session at a resort on Kauai, allows for a nice price structure. In keeping with the somewhat inflated price structure, I use almost exclusively very high-end materials...vintage cellulose acetate, lots of Cebloplast, abalone shell,The A+ and better grade burls, etc. I have a "story" to go with nearly every pen. The majority of the pens are priced around $150. I have a half dozen higher end pens in the $400~$800 range. The style of steampunk design shown in this thread I price at around $200 +/- , depending on the blank. When I used to do some routine 'local crafts' type craft fairs, I was still selling at the exact same prices as at the resort venue and still did reasonably well. :confused: This surprised me, since most of the other crafters at the fairs were selling things in the $30 and less range. I went into all this pricing discussion along with telling my price for this kit pen because venue will have a major effect on selling prices, which is why selling pens at a good price usually does not work at low end flea market type venues.

bpgoldo

Love the first blank, lots of depth, movement and color contrast. Both are presented in your Photo format wonderfully.

Top Bottom