Getting the Lead Out

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Band Saw Box

Band Saw Box

Passed Away Dec 8, 2021
In Memoriam
With all the pen's I've been making I thought I should get the Lead Out so to speak and make a pencil. The kits is a Gold Wall Street II click pencil. I finished the blank with WTF. I dont think I'll show this one to Evelyn that way she won't be able to claim it. All C & C are welcome.

Attachments

• IMG_0006.jpg
    IMG_0006.jpg
    166.7 KB · Views: 220
  • IMG_0007.jpg
    IMG_0007.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 172
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

Nice work, Dan !!! The WTF seems to serve you well .... how long does it take to dry ? .... and do you have to rub it afterwards ? I assume that no sanding is required.

Last edited:

Band Saw Box

Passed Away Dec 8, 2021
In Memoriam
Thanks Mal. I let the finish dry at least one minute between coats, then after 5 coats I wait about 2 minutes and sand with 3600 micro mesh. I add about 4 min to to the drying time after each 5 coats before sanding. So 2, 6, 10, 14 you can wait longer but no less. You can buff if out some with 6000-12000 mm after 24 hours. If you start using WTF and your shop get cold or hot keep it inside. From what the folks at General Finishes it should be stored at room temperature.

Last edited:

Band Saw Box

Passed Away Dec 8, 2021
In Memoriam
Thanks for your comment Tom, I will only be able to keep it secret for so long....unless I can sell it fast. Who am I kidding I won't be able to keep it a secret.

OZturner

Glorious Pencil Dan
Great selction of Blank and Kit
Superb Fit and Finish.
I think that mind reading is built into the Female Gene.
You and Evelyn are so close, who are you kidding. I expect that she knew what you were going to do, before you even started.
I know that my wife, also named Evelyn does.
Or perhaps it might just be attached to the name.
Regards,
Brian.

Band Saw Box

Passed Away Dec 8, 2021
In Memoriam
Thanks so much for your wonderful comment Brian. I did show the pencil and she really likes it. She does for the know what I'm doing so much of the time and I get her help with matching blanks with kits she really a good eye for that.

Band Saw Box

Passed Away Dec 8, 2021
In Memoriam
Really BIG Smile

Evelyn and I went out to dinner this evening the waitress noticed the pen's I was carrying and asked about then. She really liked this pencil and asked how much it was I quoted her a price and she said she liked the price. Like I do with so many of the pen's or pencils I make I gave it to her. The smile I got was worth far more then I was asking. I really love this hobby.

magpens

You're so big-hearted, Dan !!! Now you'll just have to make another pencil for Evelyn ! :):)

Top Bottom