Getting into fountains with burl wood

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Cmiles1985

Cmiles1985

10_image.jpg

This is actually my second fountain pen and third burl blank to turn. I have been reading up and watching videos from all of our colleagues on this fabulous site. I think it's helping...along with some practice.

Constructive criticism and comments are welcomed and appreciated. Thanks everybody for all of the available advice in this community!

OZturner

Very Beautiful Burl and Your Finish is Superb
Firstly I prefer to see a pen with the Cap fitted, so I can see the pen in it's entirity, Assess, the lines and the overall design and visual impact.
Secondly, I prefer a straighter line for a pen.
Though some pens with a Bulbous profile, can look and feel fine, but again one needs a Cap on Photograph.
I truly appreciate that this is a subjective matter, but I can only give my honest opinion and my likes and dislikes.
There are a lot of good things with this pen, that indicate that you have considerable Skill and Talent.
I look forward to seeing your next post.
Brian.

Cmiles1985

Thank you for the photography tips! I will certainly take more photos of the next pen to come off the lathe. (Un)fortunately I can't take another photo of this pen as it sold around noon today. The picture above was a quick one fresh off the lathe with a shop towel background.

I'm still learning to properly sharpen my tools so I can get through a burl (or acrylic) blank without tearing it up. The slope of the learning curve is steadily increasing, so hopefully personal financing will allow me to upgrade a few things in the near future :)

Top Bottom