Getting back in the saddle...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Brooks803

Brooks803

Wow it's been too long since I last turned something! I've got a ton of projects lined up but knowing I'd be a bit rusty I decided to start small and work up from there. Plus I was wanting to do some pens for the troops that Gary's doing so here they are. Forgive the sub par photos. My good lightbox was destroyed and I don't have the greatest lighting in my new office. Gotta work on that!

Lignum Vitae with Desert Ironwood band. CA finish:

DSC01943550x700.jpg

A 2nd Lignum Vitae with Desert Ironwood band. CA finish:

DSC01944545x700.jpg

Super cool segmented blank made by TruckFixR. Got this in the last Segbox. CA finish:

DSC01945575x700.jpg

Some kinda spalted wood with a green dyed spalted band. CA finish:

DSC01947518x700.jpg

Cast alumilite blank made by someone in a previous Cast Away box:

DSC01949542x700.jpg

Another alumilite blank by the same person (unknown, but speak up if it's yours! I'd like to know) accented with an Alt Caesin band:

DSC01948531x700.jpg

I had a 7th pen that was the exact opposite in materials as this last one. But sadly it cracked beyond repair during assembly :frown:. It was the best looking one of the bunch!

I'll be sending these off to Gary soon. I've got 1 more pen to make to be sent his way. Then I get to start on my PITH :biggrin:

Thanks for looking. Comments are always welcomed.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

GColeman

Good to see you back Jonathon! Great looking pens too. I have 10 for the troops all turned and ready for sanding and finish. I see you ditch the center band also. It's a good day for CA in Tennessee. Low humidity and cool.

WoodLM

its great to see you back Jonathon! i love the pens, and cant wait to see what you come up with once you are back to full strength!!

jasontg99

Huh? WOOD? :biggrin::rolleyes: So glad to see you back Jonathon. How is the baby? How is your back holding up? The new house? HAHA, sorry for all the questions. :tongue:

Jason

Brooks803

Thanks everyone! It was alot of fun being able to turn something again! I hope the troops appreciate them as much as I appreciate what they are doing for us.

Huh? WOOD? :biggrin::rolleyes: So glad to see you back Jonathon. How is the baby? How is your back holding up? The new house? HAHA, sorry for all the questions. :tongue:

Jason

lol..yeah wood. I don't have any extra PR blanks lying around anymore :eek:

Baby is doing awesome! A little over 3 months now. Sleeps all night EVERY night :biggrin:. Wakes up smiling.

My back is doing much much better. Only a little residual pain in my leg from the nerve but it's nothing compared to what I was going through! Been off all meds for a month and a half now.

The house is awesome! Still unpacking as we go :redface: but we're getting there. Decorating for Christmas today and tomorrow. LOVE my new shop! Just need to figure out a heating solution so I can cast during the colder days. Got a spare bed if you're ever in the area :wink::biggrin:

Top Bottom