Getting back to making pens...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Marc Phillips

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marc Phillips

It's been a looooong time... finally have a shop again!

These are my first pens from a kit other than the standard slimline... if I was gonna mess them up, I wanted to mess up a $1.70 kit first :D
Perfect Fit and acrylic....

AcrylicRed-08-24-06.jpg

Perfit-08-24-06.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Marc Phillips

Originally posted by Dario
<br />Very nice pen Marc!

Good to see that you are trying new kits now [:)]

I had to! ... you bugged me long enough! [:p]

Good lesson here really... I didn't have any problems at all... not sure what I was so nervous about [:I]

Dario

I actually find most kits (including mid and high end) to be much easier than slimline or 7mm euro.

My favorite mid level is CSUSA's Jr Gent II [^].

By the way, when you decide on CSUSA, watch out for group buys here. 25% discount (or about 21% net due to paypal and extra S&H costs) is nothing to sneer at.

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
Great looking pens, Marc. As Dario said, I too find the upper end kits just as easy if not easier to turn as the SL. The only problems I've had is making sure the larger hole for the tubes is drilled straight.
BTW, which acrylics are those?

Marc Phillips

Originally posted by Monty
<br />Great looking pens, Marc. As Dario said, I too find the upper end kits just as easy if not easier to turn as the SL. The only problems I've had is making sure the larger hole for the tubes is drilled straight.
BTW, which acrylics are those?

Those are from Arizona Silhouette ... AA-39 Cranberry and AA-04 [:D]

leehljp

Member Liaison
WELCOME BACK Marc! But I don't think you have been back since I joined. Great looking pens! Been wonderin about you. Still in GA? Went to your website briefly and saw that old ugly mug. You did a good job of losing weight. It seems to be successful - congratulations!

Marc Phillips

Originally posted by leehljp
<br />WELCOME BACK Marc! But I don't think you have been back since I joined. Great looking pens! Been wonderin about you. Still in GA? Went to your website briefly and saw that old ugly mug. You did a good job of losing weight. It seems to be successful - congratulations!

Hank! How the heck are ya you ol so-and-so!

Good to see ya again... it's been awhile eh [:D]

Still in Georgia... although I can't seem to settle in one place... was living in Savannah for 6 months... hated it! ... now I am in Monroe, about 30 miles east of Atlanta.. much nicer area...

I'll be around here now... gotta get my pen turning fix every day now [:p]

DocStram

Hey Marc .... we've never met. I took a look at your website and spend a bit of time there poking around. Then, I took a look at your IAP ID info and saw a Warner Robins address. Are you still there??? I live in Macon. If you are that close, we gotta get together.

Marc Phillips

Originally posted by DocStram
<br />Hey Marc .... we've never met. I took a look at your website and spend a bit of time there poking around. Then, I took a look at your IAP ID info and saw a Warner Robins address. Are you still there??? I live in Macon. If you are that close, we gotta get together.

I moved.. I heard there was another pen turner in the area so I had to move [:D]

I am still pretty close.. Monroe... about 30 miles east of Atlanta just north of I-20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom