German Stamp Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from timcbs

timcbs

Hi All,

Here a little something I whipped today, it is made from World War II German stamps, with 8 coats of CA over them and put on a Black Chrome Patriot Kit from Rockler.

Just thought I would get everyone all fired up the morning, let me know what you all thing.....

Attachments

• German1.jpg
    German1.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 250
  • German2.jpg
    German2.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 179
  • German3.jpg
    German3.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 209
  • German4.jpg
    German4.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 169
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

timcbs

eBay did not think so they removed my listing, even though I bought all of the stamps on eBay in the first place, I think that is a double standard and I told them so...

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Tim,

First and foremost, that is an excellent piece of work. That said, the swastika is always going to have the probability of causing controversy. Certainly it is a double standard to sell the stamps and not allow the sale of product made with them.

Now for the important part. :) Did you treat the stamps with anything prior to putting on the CA? Also, do you are anyone else know if stamps have to be treated prior to casting with PR?

TIA,

papaturner

Tim,

First and foremost, that is an excellent piece of work. That said, the swastika is always going to have the probability of causing controversy. Certainly it is a double standard to sell the stamps and not allow the sale of product made with them.

Now for the important part. :) Did you treat the stamps with anything prior to putting on the CA? Also, do you are anyone else know if stamps have to be treated prior to casting with PR?

TIA,

Cav, I`ve tried to cast stamps & stamps printed on labels(gloss and matte finish labels) and thus far the PR does not stick to the label or stamps or the label or stamps doesn`t stick to the tube. Needless to say I`ve not had much luck.:eek:

timcbs

I use this stuff call Mod Podge and you can get it from Michael's cost about 10 bucks and is enough to last you a life time, the stuff works great it incases whatever you put it over and I know that for sure CA will not effect it, I think it will work when casting but I am not sure...

wdcav1952

Thanks, Tim. I've used Modge Podge before on sand dollar crafts when I lived in Puerto Rico. I'll get some and give this a try. My wife is Polish and I bought some Polish stamps on EBay.

PenWorks

Great looking pen, love the nostalgic look of the old stamps.

Did I ever tell you how many Polocks it takes to glue a stamp??? Oh sorry, I got confused with the post above me :biggrin:

wdcav1952

Great looking pen, love the nostalgic look of the old stamps.

Did I ever tell you how many Polocks it takes to glue a stamp??? Oh sorry, I got confused with the post above me :biggrin:

ROTFLMAO!!

Tony,

How can you tell when a Polish Airlines plane flies overhead?

Look for the hair under the wingpits!!!!! :biggrin:

Bree

Pen and craftsmanship are nice... not a fan of the swastika in any way shape or form. But that's politics.
:wink::wink::wink:

timcbs

Hi,

Not sure if Mod Podge UV rated, I just know it works great on just about anything. hopefully if someone uses it in casting blanks, they will let us know how well it worked...

Top Bottom