German & Japanese Inspired

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Brooks803

Brooks803

These are the last ones for a while....for a week or so at least. Hope yall aren't getting tired of seeing them.

I've been working on these for a few weeks now. This is for a customer up in Canada that knew exactly what she wanted. Both pens are modeled after popular pens that are on the market...just not in these colors. So I had to cast both blanks out of alumilite.

First up is one I showed here during the bash. It's based of a Nakaya Portable Cigar pen. I also cast and carved the pen rest since this is a clipless design.

DSC05560 (802x900).jpgDSC05565 (761x900).jpgDSC05567 (900x385).jpgDSC05570 (900x727).jpg

The second pen is based off of a Pelikan M800. It has 24k gold plated accent bands (from Richard Greenwald) and a 18k #6 Jowo nib in Medium.

DSC05786 (683x900).jpgDSC05788 (760x900).jpgDSC05790 (789x900).jpgDSC05793 (729x900).jpgDSC05796 (900x453).jpg

To top it all off my wife made me these awesome pen sleeves just for this order. I found some Japanese Haori Himo ties to really bring everything together.

DSC05727 (629x900).jpg

Thanks for looking!!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Charlie_W

I think you and your bride might have something going here! You both seem to be pretty good at this!:biggrin:

Those are indeed superior pens! Well done Jonathon!

Tom T

Yes sir this is beautiful. Great balance great fit and finish. I like the pink and gold the best. The sold one is lovely as well. Wow as was said already.

southernclay

You know pinks not really my thing but those are nice enough you can send one my way! :biggrin: I might be man enough to write with one haha.

Great job man, proud for you to see these orders coming in....I have a feeling you need to start getting used to it.

Your wife did great too on the sleeves. I noticed the sleeves on the large order you just posted, they were nice as well.

Keep up the great work and stay busy. Remember to stop and show us some pics to keep us drooling from time to time.

OZturner

Jonathon, I am as Tired and Bored of seeing your Art, Just as much as I am of Waking Up each Morning, and living Life to the Fullest.
The creativity, variety, and scope of your Art, never ceases to Amaze and Inspire.
As does the Depth and Scope of your Skill.
Congratulations to your Bride on the Superb Pouches, I love them.
Pure Brilliance.
Brian.

jttheclockman

Jonathon

Please do not take this the wrong way. But it is an observation and basically an opinion. The first one bores me. The reason is the shape. I do not like seeing those rounded ends. There is no imagination there. Yes i know old style pens are that shape but come on we are in the new era. There are many here that show this style of pen and i click right off it. The pen is well done for sure and the casting is up to your #1 standards. But the shape needs work. Make the ends with a slant or something different.

Now the second one is the one you knocked out of the park. That has class written all over it. There was imagination even though it was on style with some other pen company. That is OK. Being able to look at a design and creating it is not an easy thing to do. It incorporates different medium and accents. The shape is true and not boring. It speaks write with me. That is the one you should have entered in the contests. A winner for sure.

I am sure they will go over big with your clients and your wife did a nice job with the covers. Adds that little handcrafted paying attention to detail look.

I hope you take my comments in the spirit they were meant to be. Have a great day.

Brooks803

You know pinks not really my thing but those are nice enough you can send one my way! :biggrin: I might be man enough to write with one haha.

Great job man, proud for you to see these orders coming in....I have a feeling you need to start getting used to it.

Your wife did great too on the sleeves. I noticed the sleeves on the large order you just posted, they were nice as well.

Keep up the great work and stay busy. Remember to stop and show us some pics to keep us drooling from time to time.

Really??? I thought you liked to rock the Pink from time to time :wink: Thanks Warren. I'm definitely keeping busy. I'll be sure to share some of what's going on.

Jonathon

Please do not take this the wrong way. But it is an observation and basically an opinion. The first one bores me. The reason is the shape. I do not like seeing those rounded ends. There is no imagination there. Yes i know old style pens are that shape but come on we are in the new era. There are many here that show this style of pen and i click right off it. The pen is well done for sure and the casting is up to your #1 standards. But the shape needs work. Make the ends with a slant or something different.

Now the second one is the one you knocked out of the park. That has class written all over it. There was imagination even though it was on style with some other pen company. That is OK. Being able to look at a design and creating it is not an easy thing to do. It incorporates different medium and accents. The shape is true and not boring. It speaks write with me. That is the one you should have entered in the contests. A winner for sure.

I am sure they will go over big with your clients and your wife did a nice job with the covers. Adds that little handcrafted paying attention to detail look.

I hope you take my comments in the spirit they were meant to be. Have a great day.

Thanks for your honest feedback John. I didn't take anything to heart. The first one traditionally is covered with Urushi and other techniques like Raden (abalone shell) and Maki-E. That helps the shape out since it is so basic. But this is what the customer wanted so I obliged.

I'm glad to hear the other pen speaks to you. I'm really proud of it.

Top Bottom