George the lll.....

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from vakmere

vakmere

Couldn't think of another title.......:redface: Latest in a series of antique brass from SignaturePenCo. Desert Ironwood looks fitting here. I'll make 2 of these in case one wants to get sold. This is also a convertable to a rollerball but have not figured out how to store the FP part once removed.
C&C on the photos, I'm still trying getting the hang of Adobe. I think the images could be more in focus but can't seem to make it so.

Attachments

• Jr. George - Antique Brass - Desert Ironwood (1).jpg
    Jr. George - Antique Brass - Desert Ironwood (1).jpg
    170.1 KB · Views: 289
  • Jr. George - Antique Brass - Desert Ironwood (2).jpg
    Jr. George - Antique Brass - Desert Ironwood (2).jpg
    191.2 KB · Views: 275
  • Jr. George - Antique Brass - Desert Ironwood (3).jpg
    Jr. George - Antique Brass - Desert Ironwood (3).jpg
    181.2 KB · Views: 265
  • Jr. George - Antique Brass - Desert Ironwood (4).jpg
    Jr. George - Antique Brass - Desert Ironwood (4).jpg
    286.7 KB · Views: 262
  • Jr. George - Antique Brass - Desert Ironwood (5).jpg
    Jr. George - Antique Brass - Desert Ironwood (5).jpg
    175.6 KB · Views: 245
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

brownsfn2

I have never really been crazy about Antique Brass but I am really drawn to the threading on this model for the cap and post. I think it looks cool for some reason. I know, its the little things in life that excite me.

You did a great job on the pen. The wood surely goes with that kit. Well done.

vakmere

looks quite good.

Just have to share what one person said of these antique brass....

why buy a dirty kit?
Kick a good one around the shed floor for a day or two and it will look the same.

humor, gotta love it.

Ahh, I see now. Doesn' t seem like these are well recieved by the group here going by my previous posts with the same kit. Perhaps distressing the wood will help? To me these look different and have a 'not so mainstream' look and appeal. I have done the Deer Hunter kits in the same finish with desert ironwood and deer antler and they sold out. Maybe it was the bolt action that helped? I really like these. Others will follow eventually if they sell really well. Brass and wood go together, go to any antique shop or my grandmothers house. Door knobs, table feet and drawer pulls. My uncle even had brass ba..... wont go there but I may be starting a trend.....or maybe not.. lol
Remember:
The early bird may get the worm but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Last edited:

brownsfn2

Hope you don't take me the wrong way. I think that your pen looks great and you did a great job with it. I am also sure there is a market for Antique brass. It is just a personal preference. :)

edstreet

Many are holding their tongues for now but I think thinks will become better as time passes.

The threading on these is the exact same as on the Gent Jr, it's just accented which makes it very good.

attachment.php

I like the look you have going on with the wood to the plating.

Attachments

• IMG_5328.jpg
    IMG_5328.jpg
    186.1 KB · Views: 370

triw51

I like the antique brass finish gives it a patina look IMHO and goes well with the ironwood also goes well with mesquite burl and historical wood. I have not done this kit but have done some other kits with either the antique brass or copper finish. Those pens were well received.

vakmere

Hope you don't take me the wrong way. I think that your pen looks great and you did a great job with it. I am also sure there is a market for Antique brass. It is just a personal preference. :)

Oh not at all. No defensive stance here. I enjoy all the feedback and opinions. Thats what makes us tick. Tens of thousands of pen turners on this planet and we all have something to bring to the table. With every post we read there is someone who gets an idea from it and turns it into something.
In fact I'm looking for the right size ham bone so I can make my first 'pig pen'......... man that was bad......

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Beautiful pen. I like the antique brass and the choice of wood is great IMO. As a non-photographer, your pics look fine to me.

vakmere

I have never really been crazy about Antique Brass but I am really drawn to the threading on this model for the cap and post. I think it looks cool for some reason. I know, its the little things in life that excite me.

You did a great job on the pen. The wood surely goes with that kit. Well done.

Looks like these have taken off pretty well since this last post. At the time the antique silver was not available. Now that it is folks are making pretty good looking pens with them. I love when new things like this come out.

Top Bottom