BY GEORGE, I THINK I'VE GOT IT

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from altaciii

altaciii

Ok, lets try this again. Thanks for the advise guys. After fiddling with the camera, lighting, photo tent, backrounds and about fifty rolls of film, (not really its digital, but it felt like fifty rolls) I think I finally got it. The pics look good on my monitor at least. I think I'm ready for y'alls best shots. I promise, I can take it.
Same pens as before. Mountain laurel from Curtis, deer antler from nature.:beat-up:

Attachments

• mescalbeannav.JPG
    mescalbeannav.JPG
    44.6 KB · Views: 223
  • mescalbeannav2.jpg
    mescalbeannav2.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 241
  • axisandwhtetailnav.jpg
    axisandwhtetailnav.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 212
  • axisandwhtetailnav2.jpg
    axisandwhtetailnav2.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 176
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

toolcrazy

The depth of field is off a bit. And you might try sharpening a touch with your editing software. Otherwise, you are getting close.

drayman

alex, the first (far left ) is a great photo, but the rest let em down. i am far from good at taking pics as you can see in my album, but a great improvement. well done

Ligget

I am no expert either but it looks like your camera is trying to focus on the pen reflection in the mirror as well as the actual pen itself, pens look great by the way!

gerryr

The mirror is defeating you in more ways than one. First, it messes with the autofocus and second it's just plain distracting. I think you'll get much cleaner photos if you get rid of the mirror.

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
I am going to have to agree with Gerry on the mirror. I guess some people like it but personally, I find it takes away from the pen. I will have to say that they look a lot better though.

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Alex,

I see a definite improvement in your work, but I agree with those who say lose the mirror and the piece of wood. I don't see where they add to the photos and find the mirror particularly distracting.

CSue

Local Chapter Leader
I have a mirror that I've been thinking on trying . . . maybe you had the same idea - would give a "fuller picture" of the grain - from two sides. But I didn't like the focus problems.
Some will lie the reflection, some won't. What you really need to focus on (pun intended) is the focus on your subject . . . The Pen.

Nice pens. Great improvement in your phots work!

bitshird

Jeez, I guess I'm the odd one out, but to me the most distracting part is the wood, The focus does seem a little soft on the last three pics, but if you're like me and don't own a photo tent, a mirror seems to help bounce the light around. I think they do look better keep going Alex.

SamThePenMan

I my self like the reflection, though it is a pretty strong reflection. That being said, I don't know how you would lessen the reflection. The first picture is excelent though. I could almost see that one being taken to a photo shop and printed in a larger format to frame and hang on a wall. :) I may just have to do that my self when I have some great looking pens.

ldb2000

They all look good to me . I think the mirror only works on certain shots and only with some pens .Try not lifting the nib end up , theres too much mirror under the pen it's kind of distracting . I agree about the wood , it don't work with that kind of pen .

Top Bottom