Gentlemen Ballpoint

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jbyrd24

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbyrd24

This is one I turned a few weeks ago. A Gentlemen Ballpoint
from Green Fleck Acrylic. All comments, critiques welcome.

200562424546_PIC00001.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
This and the other cigars you posted tonight look very nice, Bryan. The upper barrel on this one looks a little proud of the centerband, but since the others don't look that way it may be just the way light bounces around in this photo. If the proudness is not there, it still looks like there is a slight roughness on the top barrel at the centerband. If it's not rough, and merely a lighter color (associated with it being the "end-grain" view, you might try coloring it with sharpie--a trick I learned from another turner that has helped me immensely.

Fleabit

Can't believe I am going to type this since my color coordination sucks so bad I have my wife match the wood and kits but here goes: Might be the pic (I suffer from this trying to take pics) but the gold parts don't seem to go with the green. They look almost tarnished and they tend to pull my eyes away from the acrylic. Was this the look you were going for?

woodscavenger

I agree with Fleabit. I wonder if the silver might match the green a little better? That is a really bright green and it makes it hard to get a good match with an overpowering color. I'll be that someone will like it however. Some of my weirdest color combos seem to get snatched up the fastest.

jbyrd24

Thanks all for the critiques and comments. Yeah, I think silver
probably would have looked better. I usually have one of my kids
pick out the clip, etc. but no one was home...LOL I know the
photo doesn't really do a thing for it either. I like the kit
and the feel though. Wish the nib wasn't so big.[:)]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom