Gentleman's pen Ancient Kauri

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Rum Pig

Rum Pig

This pen is another for the gallery well that is how it started
redface.gif

I was going fine only a few more passes with the skew and I would be done. I thought gee I'm glad I did not stuff this one up to thick it has survived 50,000 years just to come to and be thrown in the scrap bin
cry.gif
and then yes you guessed it a big chunk came flying off I tried to glue it back on but it was so obvious it was not funny. I found a small piece of Ebony and attached that to the bottom. I think it has come up alright but to us pen makers it is pretty obvious that it is a stuff up band
cry.gif

I hope you like it.

Thanks for looking.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Ligget

I call it an `oops band`, typical isn`t it you have no problem all week until that special piece of timber gets put on the lathe and crack! LOL Looks like a planned addition to a customer though!!!!

jasontg99

Murphy's law always seems to happen at the most inopportune time. A matching band at the top would make it look like you planned it, but who knows what horrors you would have unleashed doing so. Regardless, it does look nice.

Bree

Shift Happens! You shifted and adapted beautifully! Saved a nice piece of history too!
:wink::wink::wink:

Top Bottom