A Gentleman at last!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Dan_F

Dan_F

Here is one I just finished, first full sized fountain pen (alliteration not intended). :)

A rhodium Gent in red morrel burl, with CA finish. Sporting one of Lou's Heritage 18 gold nibs. Writes like a dream!

P1010881.jpg

P1010885.jpg

Dan

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

karlkuehn

Banned
Holy mother of ..

Dude, that is either a great photo for great finish, or both! You're going to have mister Ligget looking over his shoulder at you, and you've got a light tent! He's stuck with plain old daylight! Great looking pen and finish! :)

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Good Golly Miss Molly !! Where did you get that FINISH ? That looks like one of Karls ! I love that timber . You have it figured out to the T ! That is beautiful , Dan ! I must be using the wrong CA .[8D]

VisExp

Beautiful. Just beautiful. You must be very pleased with that pen. The photo is great as well.

Looking at the second picture I can't help but wonder how the pen would look with a red morrel burl cap finial. Maybe a challenge for your second Gent ;)

Well done!

bitshird

Ya, what every body else said !!! Man that is a killer chunk of wood, the finish is WOW the kit is a nice choice,
and with one of Lou's 18kt. nib, I'd be more than happy to test drive it for you:D:D:D:D:D

Dan_F

Thanks for the comments. These are heavy buggers! I think a closed end would balance a little better, thats a big chuck of metal for the finial (looks cool though). What I would really like to do, is make a desk pen, having the same size and shape of this one, but in reverse, in effect changing the finial into the section, and tapering the other end out into a closed end. Probably would base it from one of the "El" type kits though, so I could turn down the section and build it up to the proper diameter.

Dan

Top Bottom