Gentleman Jr .twist pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from WoodChucker

Status
Not open for further replies.

WoodChucker

This is the other half of my first sale. The girl had me make this one for her husband. I dropped them both off today and she loved them. It's a Gentleman Jr. Twist Pen made from Russian Olive. Thanks for looking!
GentelmensTwistRusOlive.jpg

R.T.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Wow, wow, wow, wow, wow! That's definitely a beautiful piece of Russian olive wood <b>burl</b> in a magnificently crafted pen. I bet you get a ton of repeat business!

Gary

Very nice, R.T. Here's one for comparison that I did this weekend, and I know it to be Russian Olive Burl.

200511323496_RussOlv2.jpg
<br />

woodpens

Way to go, R.T.! That is one beautiful writing instrument! It looks absolutely flawless. That Russian Olive Burl is something else.

WoodChucker

Thanks Gary, nice looking pen and I'd say mine must be a burl also, it looks like yours to me anyway. Either way it's a pretty wood.

R.T.

PenWorks

Great looking pen RT. Nice choice of materials. I'm sure they were pleased. [:)] Pretty soon your goona be all bummed up from being swamped with orders [:D]

Anthony

wayneis

R.T. another fine job, I think they will be very happy.

But I have a question for a lot of you. I've noticed that even though every catalog and web page that I've read calls these type of kits, Jr. Gentleman or Jr. Statesman why is it that most of you insist in changing the name to statesman Jr. or Gent. Jr.? Just something that I've been meaning to ask.

Wayne

Gary

Originally posted by wayneis
<br />R.T. another fine job, I think they will be very happy.

But I have a question for a lot of you. I've noticed that even though every catalog and web page that I've read calls these type of kits, Jr. Gentleman or Jr. Statesman why is it that most of you insist in changing the name to statesman Jr. or Gent. Jr.? Just something that I've been meaning to ask.

Wayne

Could it be for the same reason you always refer to Enduro Poly when the manufacturer says ENDURO POLY?[}:)]

WoodChucker

Thanks Tom, glad I could help with your new purchase. [:D]

Thanks Wayne, never really thought about it. I guess it's because Jr usually follows a sir name and it just sounds better to me. Didn't do it for that reason, just habit I guess.

R.T.

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Originally posted by Gary
<br />

Wayne

Could it be for the same reason you always refer to Enduro Poly when the manufacturer says ENDURO POLY?[}:)]

Cute zinger Gary! It would even be better if it were true. Enduro Poly is capitalized in title lines or beginning the sentence at Compliant's web site, but not in the body of a paragraph. BTW, I think Wayne was perhaps a little picky also.[:D]

Gary

Originally posted by wdcav1952
<br />
Originally posted by Gary
<br />

Wayne

Cute zinger Gary! It would even be better if it were true. Enduro Poly is capitalized in title lines or beginning the sentence at Compliant's web site, but not in the body of a paragraph. BTW, I think Wayne was perhaps a little picky also.[:D]

On my quart-sized can it say ENDURO POLY[:D]

wayneis

Why am I being picky for asking a rather simple question. I don't know if you have better sales with the new name or if you don't like the givin name so I asked a question. Gary tries to be funny and William says that I am piky? Are questions not allowed here now?

Wayne

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Wayne, I call the pens Gent Jr or Statesman Jr because I view Gentleman and Statesman as the style and Jr as being a subset of the style. It's also easier for me to refer to them as "the Statesman and Jr", thus the slang usage of Statesman Jr. It's not a conscious thing. I just kind of fell into it. Or maybe it's because I'm Lou Metcalf, III. [8D]

Gary

<br />Why am I being picky for asking a rather simple question. I don't know if you have better sales with the new name or if you don't like the givin name so I asked a question. Gary tries to be funny and William says that I am piky? Are questions not allowed here now?

Wayne

Ahhh...so sorry wayne. Of course you are allowed to ask a question. Are we not allowed to kid one another? Lighten up and go turn a pen[;)]

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Me, too, I was just trying to be funny and failed. Also, call it Jr. Gent, or Gent Jr., the main point is that R.T. made a great pen, and I apologize for detracting from the pen. Twenty lashes with 12,000 micro mesh for me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom