Gemini Twister

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from johncrane

Status
Not open for further replies.

johncrane

Ok another Sculpey Clay pen' I used 5 colours and Twisted them together then rolled the clay onto pen tube and baked in a gas oven for 15 min at 130c (275f)l did'nt forget to sand the tube'this time. With all these colours l used a Gemini kit' a pen for the girls.also l didnt use the gemini Bushing. l used the Patriot bushing' which leaves more clay on the tube and it work out good.

2006112215021_100_1177.jpg

Then l Wet sand thru to 12000MM then finished with ca/blo.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

johncrane

James l would think it would break! l put alot of ca onit. Jay Pickens has the best way to do it roll your clay thin as possible then bake it.Then cast it in clear resin then turn.then foresure it would be a more Durable pen.[:D]

jjenk02

I just might have to give this a try, I was a the local craft store yesterday and saw some Sculpey Clay. I'll let you know how it turns out.

One of these days before I get too old to do it, I'm going to visit your country, I have always wanted to that.

bananajeep

Nice one John!! It looks almost like bubblegum. nice style pen for the colors. I did another batch of clay last night. Very ty dye like. no pics yet. One of the blanks turned a little thinner than I wanted. I think I'm gonna try turning the blank even thinner then casting in resin and see what it looks like. It looks like a couple more people are trying the polymer clay. Michaels in the US has it on sale right now $0.88 USD per 2 oz block.

Keep up the good work.
Mike

johncrane

Mike my grandaughter came around last night and she seen the clay pens!and loved them.She now would like me to make her a Black Patriot with Orange fluorescent clay its no533 Sculpey its so bright you need sun glasses on to look at it. by the way we pay $3.99 for 2oz.[:D]

GBusardo

Great looking pen John, I can see where the kids would love it. Is that pen just baked clay with a CA finish? Did it turn easy? Where there any surprises?

johncrane

Yes Gary its just clay and lt turns like butter' also be careful when you trim the ends of the blanks they will chip l used sandpaper first' then finished with the pen mill. Then l wet the ends in thin ca like you would for soft timber. then wet sand from 320grit thru 2500 grit then about 8 coats ca/blo then sand from 400g 12.000mm.[:D]

Ptolemy

Really nice pen. Very different from what I've been working with. I need to try that sometime soon. My girlfriend has all this clay from her jewelry business that she hasn't touched in months. I wonder if she'll miss it.[:D]

johnnycnc

John,that's a really cool idea!
My youngest daughter is pink crazy,
I showed her the photo,and it was..
OHHH...AHHH..very pretty!
Nice work,very creative.[8D]

johncrane

Toni the kit came from www.pennstateindustries.com the kit is a bit tricky to put together at first'and the kit is about the $6 bucks US. with the clay pen' l made a test pen turned it on the lathe to size. l removed the blank from the lathe held it up over my head and dropped it on the concrete nothing happened l done it again nothing' so l threw it realy hard to get it to cracked apart. so l think the clay is stronger than l first thought l will keep on testing till lam convinced the clay is ok as a pen.[:D]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom