Gemini

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from laspringer

Status
Not open for further replies.

laspringer

The last 3 of this kit Purpleheart,Palm and Bloodwood.
This kit looked better in the catalog.

2006214204749_DSCN0419.jpg

Alan

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

angboy

[:(][:(] Aw, everybody's bashing my favorite pen kit!! It might grow on you- my dad didn't like them when I first was wanting to make only these, but they've grown on him. Granted I wish they came in different finishes, but it's still my favorite. It's unique and funky! I will admit women seem to like it better than men.

Alan, you did a nice job on the pens! [:)]

Randy_

I've got a thread going about finding a reliable push button(click) BP pen. No one has mentioned the Gemini kit......maybe because it is not a "traditional" click kit?? Do these kits work OK or do problems develop with the operating mechanisms after a while?? Thanks.

angboy

Originally posted by Randy_
<br />I've got a thread going about finding a reliable push button(click) BP pen. No one has mentioned the Gemini kit......maybe because it is not a "traditional" click kit?? Do these kits work OK or do problems develop with the operating mechanisms after a while?? Thanks.

Randy, I didn't think about mentioning the gemini after seeing your post about push button pens b/c yes, I don't really think of it as traditional. I've made many gemini pens. It's my favorite kit b/c I just like the look. Some people find it hard to put together- I think it's got the most parts of any kit I've used and it can be a little confusing, but the good thing is that the confusing parts really aren't parts that you can't redo something or fix if you mess it up.

As for durability of the push button part, I haven't had any problems. The push part sticks out fairly high, and b/c of that, I think it can feel kind of different to push it in, so I know that some people I've shown them to, when they first put them in their hand and start fiddling with them, may have a little difficulty with the push part. It's also not an easy push in my opinion. It's not hard to push, but it's not the type that's passive and will just kind of push on it's own. You do have to push firmly. But once you do it a few times, it's really easy. I have one that I used probably ever other day at work, (and I'm pushing it a lot!), that I've had for at least two years now, and everything works fine still.

Hope that helps!

Randy_

DSAngela: Thanks for the info. It is good to know that the Gemini mechanism is a reliable one. Personally, I'm not crazy about the kit; but I might be able to use the innards and marry them with other hardware to come up with a click pen that I do like??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom