Gemini

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from laspringer

Status
Not open for further replies.

laspringer

This pen looked better in the catalog than it did when I finished it. What do you think? Thanks for looking Alan

20055503013_Gemini_Kiawe.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

atvrules1

Alan, I keep looking at the picture but the kit just doesn't do it for me. Your turning is nice, the shape remains true to the kit, and you have tried to balance it out with a couple of lines, but I just don't think this pen is as striking as some of the others in your album. With that being said, which is my opinion, one of my coworkers absolutely loves the gemini, so I'll show her later tonight and see what she says about it.

53Jim

My wife was just looking at this picture with me. She likes the wood, but 'hates' the kit itslf. SORRY[:(]

As for me, I kinda like it. Maybe made with an acrylic....

Jim

jimr

I saw those and thought, pretty cool, so I orderd a few. I made them and like most other folks, and was not very impressed. The pen was all right and the wood was nice, but the finish pen just didn't do it for me. Your work is great, by the way. I have three in a shop and none have sold since I made them, 6 months ago. I haven't ordered anymore.

ilikewood

I actually hate the style, but you know what?....I sell quite a few of the dang things!! I never figured out why, but they actually sell fairly well here.

ilikewood

I actually sell these the best with bright colored "ladies" woods. For example redheart, or bloodwood, or purpleheart. Never had a guy buy one yet, but sure had a lot of 15-25 year old women buy them.

driften

Originally posted by ilikewood
<br />I actually sell these the best with bright colored "ladies" woods. For example redheart, or bloodwood, or purpleheart. Never had a guy buy one yet, but sure had a lot of 15-25 year old women buy them.

There you go! I think you got something there. It is more of a young ladies kit.

MDWine

Originally posted by ilikewood
<br />...but sure had a lot of 15-25 year old women buy them....

Hmmmmmmm... Maybe I'll try a few and see if it draws a crowd!!! LOL!!! [:p] [:p] [:D] [:D]

I have to agree, you held up your end of the deal, the kit isn't quite impressive for me. On the other hand, I found someone on the first day that like that stinker Apple pen I made. I may even give it to her! Just goes to prove that someone somewhere will love any pen, methinks! [;)]

Aint' it great!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom