Gear Shift Pen dressed in Black Ash Burl

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Band Saw Box

Band Saw Box

Passed Away Dec 8, 2021
In Memoriam
I wanted to give the PSI Gear Shift a try. I ordered the kit and bushings on Thursday morning while I was at work and it arrived on Saturday. I paired it with a piece if Black Ash Burl. I sanded the blank to 12000 mm and finished with WTF. I took it to work to show it off...the first person I showed it to wanted it so I sold it. I wanted to get some other pictures but I cant now. All C & C are welcome.

Attachments

• IMG_0001.jpg
    IMG_0001.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 340
  • IMG_0002.jpg
    IMG_0002.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 280
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

That's a nice looking pen, Dan. Did Evelyn pick out the blank ???? :biggrin:

I hope the buyer gives you feedback on how the clip holds up. I like the concept of the pen kit but am a bit wary of the clip, being held on by screws that could loosen with constant use.

Since you have the experience now of assembling ....
Do you think it would be practical to put a tiny drop of CA under the clip between the two screws ? ... or perhaps put CA in the threaded screw holes ?

oneleggimp

Grosse Pointe Park, Michigan 48230 United States o
Turned out beautifully. Great blank. I agree with magpens: the clip held on with screws seems like it would be a "Weak point". I'll be anxious to hear your feedback from your co-worker. I like the look of the hardware and have been contemplating making one in chrome finish on a walnut blank for a mechanic friend who has done a number of favours for me with respect to my wheelchair equipped van.

mecompco

I think that is a darned nice looking pen! As to the screws in the clip, IDK why they won't hold just fine--clips on pocket knives use three screws and I wager there is more stress on those and they hold fine. I would love to try one of these kits myself.

Regards,
Michael

Top Bottom