Gator,turquoise and black PR

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from OKLAHOMAN

OKLAHOMAN

A couble of weeks ago I posted a Majestic (1/2 is better than None http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=62792) and the person who bought it now wants a smaller version. I don't stock the Jr.Majestic's so I've placed an order with PSI and today while waiting for them to arive I played around with some Gator, turquoise and homebrew and this is the result.
IMG_2028.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jskeen

I like that combo. The Gator has enough irregularities that it can be made to match just about anything, and still be recognizable. Great job, I have a couple of pieces myself that don't match well enough to do an all gator pen, so this gives me some inspiration to try a new combination or two.

IPD_Mrs

Roy - Even on the Retro that pen has a nice southwestern look to it.

Question.....
Posting cap, is the gator bone heavy with the inlay? I would assume that it would be top heavy when posted.

David Keller

Really, really nice. I like the extension of the turquoise into the PR portion of the pen. It really ties the whole thing together rather than looking like a the cap for one pen combined with the base of another.

OKLAHOMAN

Mike and Linda, I used the retro on this one because of the black final and small black band on the C/B. The total weight of the pen is 49 grams and the top is 24 grams almost 1/2 seems OK but then I like a slightly top heavy pen....Hot damn got to use my new postal scale. The SW look is exactly the look I'm going for (even though it's a gator) as the next two shows are in the SW at large tourist areas.

wizard

You are so very talented !! Beautiful ! It has a very elegant southwestern look to it!
Great work (as usual)!
Doc

SDB777

Well, you'll have plenty of time to make a few more if your waiting on PSI to ship your stuff. Excellent results from your time with that one!!!

You casting your own PR?

Scott (PSI is sloooowwwww) B

JohnU

That looks Great Roy! Nice work with the fill and homebrew. After seeing your last gator pens I was lucky enough to get my hands on some. Im just too intimidated to try it yet. :) Your pens are very inspiring. Thanks for sharing!

OKLAHOMAN

Yes Scott I cast my own solid color blanks snake and cactus, I would do more casting but my time in the shop is taken up with turning to keep up with show sales.
John don't let the gator blanks intimidate you, just make sure you have plenty of thin CA to keep it from coming apart.

Thanks all for the comments, I enjoy hearing from y'all, all comments good and bad as thats the only way we can improve ourselfs.....y

Top Bottom