Gator bit Gatsby's

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from BW Design Works

Made these Gatsby's last night with some Gator blanks from Ed and Dawn over at Exotic. Great People to deal with!!!:biggrin:

I like how they turned out until I just took these images and noticed some fine scratch marks on one. I'll be puttin that back on the lathe and redo the finsh tonight. I need to try and get a finish like Jonathon :biggrin:. I sanded all the way through 12000 with MM then hit it with Plastx, it was around midnight though :tongue:.

Attachments

• IMG_8806.jpg
    IMG_8806.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 216
  • IMG_8805.jpg
    IMG_8805.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 172
  • IMG_8807.jpg
    IMG_8807.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 215
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Brooks803

They look great Bryon. I see the scratches you mentioned. Those look like they were put there early on with the heavier grits. Maybe lighten your touch if you're heavy handed (like me) and try fresh MM.

Justturnin

Looks great. I am not sure how you sand but one thing that I do is never allow dry sandpaper to touch my plastics. Also, if you take a fresh piece rub it on itself to knock down any potential high sharp spots that could gouge your work.

They look great Bryon. I see the scratches you mentioned. Those look like they were put there early on with the heavier grits. Maybe lighten your touch if you're heavy handed (like me) and try fresh MM.

Thanks Jonathon. I do have a heavy hand when sanding. I'll take some extra time and a lighter touch.

Looks great. I am not sure how you sand but one thing that I do is never allow dry sandpaper to touch my plastics. Also, if you take a fresh piece rub it on itself to knock down any potential high sharp spots that could gouge your work.

Chris, I started using mesh a few weeks back but I think I went to low on the grit. I started at 240 and went up to 800. All dry sanding for the mesh then switched over to MM 1000-12000 all wet sanding with water then followed up with Plastx. I'll also try adding water to the mesh sanding, Thanks! :biggrin:

Top Bottom