Gallery!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Jim in Oakville

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I had a very exciting day today:D, I now have my best pens in an art gallery called the Bronze Frog in Oakville.

CAA34P2F.jpg

The shop is on the main street in town, next to some fine restaurants and a block away from the local theatre.[:p]

It's amazing how your pricing changes when some one else is getting a % of the sale![:0]

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wood-of-1kind

Congratulations Jim. Those are wonderful 'writers' instruments'. Very well complimented in a gallery like setting. Best success with future sales.

P.S. The artist's profile in the case is a real smart idea since it brings the works closer to it's creator.

-Peter-[:)]

jedgerton

Jim,

Thats an impressive display indeed! The only thing I don't like, and I don't have a solution, is the tags. They take away from the beautiful work you've done on the pens. If anyone has a solution, I would be very interested to hear about it.

John

Originally posted by wood-of-1kind
<br />Congratulations Jim. Those are wonderful 'writers' instruments'. Very well complimented in a gallery like setting. Best success with future sales.

P.S. The artist's profile in the case is a real smart idea since it brings the works closer to it's creator.

-Peter-[:)]

Thanks Peter!

I keep thinking about that Pen chest you made...we might need to talk, I have some cherry that might be just right to make one[;)]

Originally posted by jedgerton
<br />Jim,

The only thing I don't like, and I don't have a solution, is the tags.
John

Thanks John[:)]

I have tried the sticky price tag but they gum up the pens..these tags are not the greatest, but on one side I name the material or wood type, the type of hardware finish, on the other side I sign the tag with my initials and indicate the price.

My concern with the tags is tangling them..so I cropped them short and slipped them under the clip. I appreciate your feed back on that detail...I will let you know how this goes.[:)]

ahoiberg

you da man jim! good luck with sales, those will be some lucky customers. where's the white alt. ivory with the black cabochon in it? i understand if you kept that one for yourself! [;)]

gerryr

Congratulations.

Have you tried the dumb-bell type tags that Beartooth Woods has? That is my tag of choice because there are no strings to tangle. You have to write small and on some pens, the sticky part can leave a residue, but I always have a little bottle of DNA with me to clean them off.

EeyorIs21

ever try these? it says no adhesive in the middle.

http://www.firemountaingems.com/details.asp?PN=H201087PK

I personally have a box of these:

http://www.firemountaingems.com/details.asp?PN=H202023PK

Originally posted by EeyorIs21
<br />ever try these? it says no adhesive in the middle.

http://www.firemountaingems.com/details.asp?PN=H201087PK

I personally have a box of these:

http://www.firemountaingems.com/details.asp?PN=H202023PK

Thanks Robert,

I like those...[:p]

Thank You every one for your support, kind words and thoughts....kind of fun to share this with the only people who "understand" me [:eek:)][;)]

Originally posted by ahoiberg
<br />you da man jim! good luck with sales, those will be some lucky customers. where's the white alt. ivory with the black cabochon in it? i understand if you kept that one for yourself! [;)]

Well, it has a scratch on it[:(]

I honestly can not sell it with a clear mind...so it sits on my shelf...thanks for asking[:)]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom