Galactic Burst Custom

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wiset1

wiset1

Another custom job on this. This is one I did using a purple metallic acrylic base, coated with gold, and then covered in pearl. Once finished I added swarovski crystals and gold glass beads. Once the tube was dried I cast it in resin and turned. The wife said it reminds her of those old alien movies with the creepy space ships...hence the name.

Enjoy:rolleyes:

6267353323_39e239306c_z.jpg

:biggrin:Larger images can be found on my IAP Members gallery or my flickr site linked below.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

76winger

That's pretty cool Tim, I really like the depth that depicted by the "craters" (for lack of a better term) around the crystals.

wiset1

That's pretty cool Tim, I really like the depth that depicted by the "craters" (for lack of a better term) around the crystals.

I wish I could say that this was the plan all along, but the CA bloated the finish around the crystals which really did wonders for the idea. I guess things have a way of working out don't you think:biggrin: Thanks

wiset1

Thanks everyone...it's a little different, but still really fun. It truly has a wow factor when the sun hits it.

Brooks803

Sorry Tim....I used up all my best adjectives and compliments on your other posts. You'll just have to accept me drooling on my keyboard as praise enough :bulgy-eyes:

wiset1

Just a hint on this if anyone cares to try.

I used some nail polish effects to get the pearled look. Be sure to coat the finished product in thin CA prior to casting. This worked for me. Hope that helps answer some of the PM's I've gotten.

wiset1

Thanks again. Just testing the waters for another idea I had and was happy it turned out.

Top Bottom