Future Whale Bone

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from rd_ab_penman

rd_ab_penman

Pen blanks being milled from a large piece of Whale bone.
These blanks will make some nice Writing Instruments.
Stay tuned.

Les

dsc06816.jpg

dsc06817.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
If it smells like bone marrow you put around your plants..argggggggggg that stuff stinks!!!! I would have to wear vicks under my visor to rid the gag.........Now that you tease us with the first part...........where is the finished pen???? Anxious to see it!

Chasper

I'm looking forward to seeing the finished pen. I've have limited success with bones of various types.

I have no personal political or ethical objections, but the Marine Mammal Protection Act of 1972 makes it illegal for US citizens to import whalebone. I certainly hope that pointing this out doesn't start a rantfest, I'm just cautioning anyone who may be thinking of dragging home some whalebone from a Canadian trip that there are big fines.

low_48

I agree with what Chasper has mentioned. There might be some difficulty selling those pens. Personally, I wouldn't want anything to do with whale bone, but that's just me.

chriselle

Les is in Canada. As long as any Canadian laws aren't being violated what's the big deal? Les, you could always ship a few of those blanks to me. I KNOW there wouldn't be a problem here..:biggrin: Looking forward to seeing a finished pen.

Russianwolf

I did a bit of research on this, and if the Bone is from Alaska, it can be shipped to the lower states legally. Also there are exemptions for some of the native tribes (Inuit), they can legally import it from Canada or hunt the whales as part of their tribal heritage.

Top Bottom