Future Pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from SRT8invasion

SRT8invasion

Thanks again to IAP members. It was suggested that we save our extra casting materials and this is what happened. My scrap bucket got full so I decided to trim it down. The 1st pic is my 1st attempt at letting the resin start to set before pouring, oops waited too long, into the scrap bucket. The rest is a layered history of my casting mistakes and overpours. Pens to follow.

This is my 1st mistake. Tried to wait for better color separation and ended up with a blob of gel into the waste bucket it went. The rest is history..
IMG_1421.JPG

IMG_1416.JPG

IMG_1418.JPG

IMG_1419.JPG

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PenMan1

General rule of thumb: The worst the raw blank looks, the prettier the pen. This msy be a PMG application blank! :) I think you need to make something with really big tubes to keep as much of the blank as possible.

SRT8invasion

Tough cut, upper and lower blew out. There were many voids and different densities which made for a difficult turn. I was able to segment the sections that blew out which showed even more variety. There was even a piece of padauk so I finished with ca.

Ultra cigar with gold chrome upgrade from Berea hardwoods.
amal1.JPG

[

Last edited:

RAdams

Banned
that is awesome! what do you keep your "mistakes" in to give it such a shape? All of mine go into a cardboard box loose. I may try this if it isnt too difficult! Thanks for sharing!

SRT8invasion

that is awesome! what do you keep your "mistakes" in to give it such a shape? All of mine go into a cardboard box loose. I may try this if it isnt too difficult! Thanks for sharing!

I throw scraps overpours all in a tupperware dish about 3x6.

Rum Pig

I have not started casting yet but I'm slowly setting myself up and now I know what I'm going to do with all my scraps.

Well done that is a nice 1 of a kind pen:)

SRT8invasion

'wine rack' style pen holder

Does your 'wine rack' style pen holder work on all pens???

It should work with any. For a true gravity holder the angle and length will have to be adjusted. I use a cone shaped stone to get the hole to the right size for the pen style.

Top Bottom