Future Pen Blanks..........

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from rd_ab_penman

rd_ab_penman

Are going to be cut from this Holland & Holland gun stock I picked up a last weekends Marysville, BC gun show.

Les

1HollandampHollandCustom.jpg

1AHollandampHollandCustom.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

robutacion

Are going to be cut from this Holland & Holland gun stock I picked up a last weekends Marysville, BC gun show.

Les

One of the things that would put a lot more value to any pen made by that gun stock, would be to have the full story of the firearm, it came from.

I'm sure it would be a heck of a story...!

Do you know the reason the stock was removed from the the rest of the firearm...???

Just curious...!

Cheers
George

rd_ab_penman

Les

One of the things that would put a lot more value to any pen made by that gun stock, would be to have the full story of the firearm, it came from.

Do you know the reason the stock was removed from the the rest of the firearm...???

Just curious...!

Cheers
George

The reason the stock was removed from the firearm is that after the owner paid $12,500.00 for the Holland & Holland gun he found the stock way too short so he ordered a longer stock. When he removed the stock he ended up cracking t
he receiver portion of the of the stock. I was told to have a stock made for this H&H it would cost $2,500.00.

Les

robutacion

Les

Just curious...!

Cheers
George

The reason the stock was removed from the firearm is that after the owner paid $12,500.00 for the Holland & Holland gun he found the stock way too short so he ordered a longer stock. When he removed the stock he ended up cracking t
he receiver portion of the of the stock. I was told to have a stock made for this H&H it would cost $2,500.00.

Les

Those prices don't surprise me, and it seems to you know a fair bit of the person that owns the firearm so, would be interesting to know what the firearms life has been since it was built, they always have interesting stories to go with the firearms...!

Look forwards to see some pens made with such beautiful piece of wood...!

Cheers
George

philb

That is some nice wood!
Just bought an English Walnut rifle stock blank myself, hoping it looks like that when it's cut through, as at the moment it's still fully waxed.

Harpazo

English walnut is worth THAT much??? Wow! I have one in my back yard and it suddenly looks very different to me. It looks much greener today;)

philb

That is some nice wood!
Just bought an English Walnut rifle stock blank myself, hoping it looks like that when it's cut through, as at the moment it's still fully waxed.

Any photos of what it looks like?

Les

I'll get some pics! It's alot darker than your Holland & Holland one, but was planning to do some cross-cut and straight grain blanks to see what difference it made to the grain look

Top Bottom