Fused Glass stand Metalic Pynma in NH

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from mikespenturningz

Here is a pen that I made from Metalic Pynma that I am selling with the glass stand that Gail made. Hope you like this one.

il_570xN.759065836_jdvv.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

scotian12

Mike..Beautiful looking pen and craftsmanship. This is the first time I have seen a pen stand made out of glass. Could you tell us a bit more about its design and construction. Are the 4 clear pen rest dots also out of glass? Thanks Darrell

The entire stand is made out of glass. Gail cuts each piece and arranges them. Then she fires them and that flattens them out. Then she adds the glass dots and fires again in a different way and that melts the dots just enough to mate them to the main part of the stand. It takes about 8 hours to make a single stand. Most of that time is in the kiln of course. She is getting ready to open up an Etsy store to sell these and many other glass things that she makes.

jttheclockman

Hello Mike

It has been awhile. Hope you are doing well and still doing some segmenting. I like the pen because it has class and yet is a simple pen. The material makes it stand out.

The pen stands are very nice but not sure how big of a seller they would be. I used to make wood pen stands and could not give them away and then finally that is what I did when someone bought a pen.:)People are attracted to color so maybe they will sell but i am sure she makes more exciting things with that technique that maybe you could share when she gets up and running. Love to see them.

Top Bottom