A funky gemini

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from angboy

Status
Not open for further replies.

angboy

I think most people know how partial I am to the gemini pen, so here's one with a home cast blank made from an assortment of odds and ends from other pen blanks.

200793201724_Sept32007Small.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Randy_

Not a personal favorite of mine; but I do get requests from ladies every so often for a push button pen. Angela: I know you make a few of these. Do you find the PB mechanisms to be reliable??

Thanks.

Snazzypens

WOW I love that pen. I do wish they would get them in Aussie. I was after them in the bulk buy but did not know the name of the kit but I do love it very much
bye Toni

wood-of-1kind

Maybe when B-52 'hairstyle' becomes popular again, I may start to like these Gemini pens [:eek:)]. I do like your resourcefulness of doing something nice with the leftovers.

-Peter-[:)]

angboy

There's supposed to be mroe focus on the pen than the holder! That's OK, I know it's not a popular pen kit. The holder is actually a business card holder and it came from this store:

http://bluegoldsmiths.com/

I bought it while I was in ASheville, didn't see it on their website, but it seemed like they had quite a few and must have it regularly, they told me how the girl sells much faster and they weren't sure they had a girl at first, but found one lone one holding their business cards (I thought only boys existed at first). They were $13 each- you could probably order one by phone.

Randy, I have one of these pens that I've had for probably two years and use daily. I can sort of tell that the clicker seems to be getting a little less reliable, so it's not the greatest. I did have one that broke one time when I dropped the pen.

Randy_

Originally posted by angboy<br />Randy, I have one of these pens that I've had for probably two years and use daily. I can sort of tell that the clicker seems to be getting a little less reliable, so it's not the greatest. I did have one that broke one time when I dropped the pen.

Thanks.

Do you remember the discussion of light machine oil back when you were having a problem with the Reeves drive of your lathe? Did you ever buy any 3 in 1 Oil or anything similar?? A "SINGLE" drop of something like that on the clicker mechanism might help it to run more smoothly and last a little longer. Easiest way to apply it would be as follows:

1. Unscrew the tip of the pen.

2. Remove the refill and the spring. Don't loose the spring!!

3. Take the remainder of the pen in your hand and push the button down as far as it will go with your thumb.

4. With othrer hand, apply "ONE" drop of oil to the opening between the push button and the body of the pen.

5. Have a paper towel handy to sop up any excess.

6. One drop is really a lot more than you need so there will probably be a little extra oil inside the pen, too. Take that same paper towel and roll up/twist a piece of it into a thin stem so you can insert it into the pen body and sop up any excess oil inside the pen. A pipe cleaner or a long cotton swab would work, too.

7. Reassemble the pen and see if it behaves any better than previously??

angboy

I know how to REALLY turn people off- I'm going to make a gemini pen, using a duplicator, and finish it with ren wax!!!! That way all of my vices will be in one pen! [}:)][}:)] (OK, I lied... not ALL of my vices will go into a pen...[:D][:D])

angboy

Originally posted by Randy_
<br />Just don't make a post asking where you can find a refill for it with purple ink!![:p][:p]

Oh, I didn't even think about that- thanks for pointing it out Randy! But coincidentally, I just got some Parker style refills in purple and green ink in the mail yesterday from an ebay purchase I made! I'm still eyeing the turquoise color on the space pen refills, but they're pricey and no one seemed to have used them...

The purple I got looks about like the color you used on your post and the turquoise is similar to your usual color! If you want, I could share my pretty girly colors...[:D][:D]

angboy

Originally posted by Randy_
<br />Angela: I like "girlie" colors; but only in other "less obvious" applications.[;)]

Hhmmm... girlies colors do look good in such applications, but so does plain old black and white... when properly coordinated... at least it did for me tonight...[:X][:X]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom