Fun with a laundry detergent bottle

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Neededwill

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

That's a nice effect ! Are the green bits actually discs separating short cylinders of wood ?

OZturner

Nice innovation and execution, Randall.
Great Idea, I just hope that the Plastic is not Bio-degradable,
It could be embarrassing if it fell apart in a Clients hands.
Congratulations,
Brian.

Neededwill

Magpens, it's basically a 22.5 degree cut I did for each piece with an adjusted height for each. I drew a diagonal line down the blank and only cut as deep as the line, like starting at the top of a hill and every half inch I cut down into the wood. Reversed the direction on the other blank. So it give a full, part then half circle affect.

magpens

Oh yeah, I thought there was something like that going on. Thanks for explaining.

monophoto

Just curious - what kind of glue do you use with these inlays?

Gluing plastic is a challenge, and the glues that are most effective with wood (PVA, polyurethane, CA and epoxy) are notoriously not effective with polyethylene and polypropylene used to make the containers for laundry products.

Neededwill

I use med ca but I sand the pieces with 150 grit for an attachment surface. Haven't had any issues yet, knock on wood, lol. I normally put ca onto the cut in the wood, then I press the pieces in. Let them dry then use thin ca to go around all the sides over the plastic inserts for a second just in case.

lwalper

That was my thought - not much sticks to the PE plastics. I guess do as he did and rought it up, fill all the nooks and crannies with CA and it stays in place??

Top Bottom