Fun House

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wizard

wizard

Made it this A.M. It's a Jeff Powell Blank I got from Exotic Blanks called Fun House. It's definitely trippy.. It's on a Black Ti Jr. Gentleman. Not completely happy with it as I feel like I overturned the barrel section a little.:redface: Think my bushings may be a little worn. :rolleyes: Comments welcome but most of all thanks for looking. Doc:)

Attachments

• Fun House_3.jpg
    Fun House_3.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 239
  • Fun House.jpg
    Fun House.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 244
  • Fun House_1.jpg
    Fun House_1.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 337
  • Fun House_2.jpg
    Fun House_2.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 232
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PenMan1

I think I like it, Doc! But I can't be sure....my eyelids are getting VERY, VERY HEAVY.

Wait a minute! What kind of a Doctor are you? My head don't need to be shrunk AND I AIN'T SENDING YOU ALL MY PEN PARTS... regardless of what this pen tells me to do:)

MartinPens

After snapping out of my hypnosis, (love the pen) I could barely see what you are talking about concerning the body. Can you put the body back on the mandrel and add a few more layers of Ca to bridge the space? Not very noticeable, but I know it bothers me when I hold a pen I've made and can feel a little catch at the junction points.

That's a fine pen. Going to have to try one of those. Thanks for sharing it.

Martin

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner

boxerman

Wow man cool pen.:biggrin: I bet that would make your eyes goofy looking at that a long time:bulgy-eyes::hypnotized: Nice job on that pen.

workinforwood

Looks awesome! I love how both sides of the pen are different colors. I do see how it looks just a hair over spun. It is ok to apply a CA finish to these pens, as they are alumilite which will accept the finish if the user wishes to do so...but applying a finish will take away one of the great properties of the material..it's flex and strength, making it more brittle. It sure is trippy. In photo #3 is there a nick out of the finial?

el_d

The colors, The colors........:musical-note: "Inagoda Davida honey....Dont you know that I love you......" :musical-note:

Great Job on that pipe dream creation Doc.

toddlajoie

You've got a decent taper on the tube, so a few passes on a sanding mill (with a digital caliper measurement as you go) and you should be able to bring it back to the right measurement without loosing more tube length than the spring can make up for, assuming it has not already been shortened some...

And I do think that blank has hypnotic properties, I just found myself holding my credit card and typing w-w-w-.-e-x-o-t-i-c-b...

MartinPens

toddlajoie said:
You've got a decent taper on the tube, so a few passes on a sanding mill (with a digital caliper measurement as you go) and you should be able to bring it back to the right measurement without loosing more tube length than the spring can make up for, assuming it has not already been shortened some...

And I do think that blank has hypnotic properties, I just found myself holding my credit card and typing w-w-w-.-e-x-o-t-i-c-b...

Great fix idea and I love the response... w-w-w-...

Martin

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner

wizard

Thank you all for the kind comments and encouragement!!

Todd, Thanks so much! I did exactly what you said and it worked like a charm! There looks like a little gap near the fittings..it's actually part of the edge of the darker blue part of the blank. Now, I have one more pen that is bugging me sitting on the shelf that I can do the same with. I really learn from being a part of the IAP.. Todd, Thanks again. ...oops no picture didn't happen so pic attached..

Attachments

• Fun House_4.jpg
    Fun House_4.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 114
  • Fun House_5.jpg
    Fun House_5.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 118
  • Fun House_6.jpg
    Fun House_6.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:

Woodlvr

Fantastic. I searched Exotics and do not even see them listed as sold out- they must have gone really fast. That is one beautiful pen. I love the blue in it. Great work.

wizard

Fantastic. I searched Exotics and do not even see them listed as sold out- they must have gone really fast. That is one beautiful pen. I love the blue in it. Great work.

I would just pick up the phone and call them to see if they have them in stock. Doc

These pens are sure mesmerizing. Every time I log on to search for something, I see them in the latest photos and forget what I got on for.

PR_Princess

LOL Love this! What a clever and fun pen!!!

I don't know what caught my attention more though Doc. The pen, or you actually saying the word ....."trippy"!!!!!! :tongue::biggrin:

Was turning the different layers in this tricky?

wizard

LOL Love this! What a clever and fun pen!!!

I don't know what caught my attention more though Doc. The pen, or you actually saying the word ....."trippy"!!!!!! :tongue::biggrin:

Was turning the different layers in this tricky?

Not tricky... TRIPPY:wink:...Actually, I don't know....All I remember is getting sleepy...sleepier when it was turning....and then woke up and I was done:biggrin::wink:. Aside from the narcoleptic episode...sorry my bad...
Ok..serious now... I truly had no issues drilling or turning it. Doc:)

Last edited:

glycerine

That's exactly what I just did!!

glycerine

I just ordered one and it didn't tell me that they were sold out. I'm pretty sure they're still there...

bitshird

I think I like it, but I can't tell, the room is still going around. I have a Black Sabath record album thay has the center done like that. I love it when the music stops and the tone are just sits there going click------click-------click. but I'm afraid if I look at the disk I'm headed back to the 60's

MorganGrafixx

I've read more replies to this pen that have something to do with a "record" whatever the heck a "record" is....:rolleyes: Something about Sabaths and trippy or tripping, hell I can't tell anymore. I just keep picturing a bunch of folks in some Florida subdivision yelling "Get off my lawn"!
:biggrin::cool:

toddlajoie

Todd, Thanks so much! I did exactly what you said and it worked like a charm! There looks like a little gap near the fittings..it's actually part of the edge of the darker blue part of the blank. Now, I have one more pen that is bugging me sitting on the shelf that I can do the same with. I really learn from being a part of the IAP.. Todd, Thanks again. ...oops no picture didn't happen so pic attached..

Excellent, Glad it worked for you... It's a nice technique to know, maybe someday I'll need to use it myself...:rolleyes:

wiset1

WILD! Always fun to see what you've been working on and this one truly turned out looking amazing.

wizard

Thank you for the kind comments and encouragement. Now, I'm really satisfied with this pen after I took Todd's advice and used the sanding mill to get the blank flush with the fittings. The fit is now where I like it.
I can't believe how many people I've shown the pen too really like it. If you're one who sells their pens, this is a definitely a blank worth considering as I think you would definitely be able to sell the pen. Regards, Doc

Top Bottom