Full Custom using a 'Firewhatfire' blank

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from drgoretex

drgoretex

Hello all.

I recently received a few blanks from Phil (Firewhatfire) to see how they would work out for a custom 'kitless' pen. Here's one I just finished using one of his absolutely beautiful translucent white pearlescent/Mother of Pearl blanks. It is done up using the M12 triple start threading cap-to-barrel, with a roller end clip, sized to be about 'Pelikan M600' size. It is fitted with a polished steel #5 medium JoWo nib from NibMeister.

IMG_6244.jpg

IMG_6243.jpg

IMG_6249.jpg

IMG_6230.jpg

IMG_6212.jpg

IMG_6232.jpg

IMG_6226.jpg

Thanks for looking. Comments and criticisms welcome. Talk to Phil for some of these cool blanks!

Cheers,

Ken

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

firewhatfire

hey look, someone made one of my blanks look like it was meant to be a pen.

Well this does tell me one thing. It is the operator on this end that is destroying those blanks and not the blanks fault. Now I have some practicing to do.

Phil

Beautiful! Really stunning pen, love the color.
Had you considered reverse painting the nib segment? Perhaps painting the feed housing?

"love the color"... what color is being talked about? I saw a pen that was magnificently lacking color and yet interesting, deep, and splendid.

drgoretex

Beautiful! Really stunning pen, love the color.
Had you considered reverse painting the nib segment? Perhaps painting the feed housing?

"love the color"... what color is being talked about? I saw a pen that was magnificently lacking color and yet interesting, deep, and splendid.

Donovan - That is really the most lovely thing about this blank - so white, yet iridescent with subtle swirls of red and green, really quite nice. The camera just doesn't do it justice.

Studioso - I think if I were to permanently mount the nib unit inside the front section, I would consider painting. But given that a nib unit could strip off the paint as it is unscrewed, I felt I'd better leave it as is. Too bad they don't make white nib units :tongue:

Ken

Top Bottom