Fulfilled

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from DCBluesman

Status
Not open for further replies.

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
About a year ago (post-Pentarsia), I asked Eagle if he could make a blank for me...white cross, white background, walnut base. After much gnashing of teeth, a bit of "blue" air and a few ways NOT to produce the desired effect, he finally exceeded my expectations. The cross is warthog tusk.

2006111223317_Walnut%20Aspen%20Tusk%20Bar.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
I have already told you how many failures it took to get that blank over the last year some how their memory seems rather hazy.The end result is gorgeous!
I hope you din't mind if put the inlay into perspective as it was before I put it into the blank.

20061112340_Ilay%20cross%20aspen%20001.jpg
<br />

200611123518_Ilay%20cross%20aspen%20002.jpg
<br />

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Sigh, I have given up trying to understand how Eagle does his "tricks"!

Great blank Eagle, and great execution on the pen, Lou! Lou, was it difficult to turn and finish as the wart hog tusk is so much harder than the rest of the blank?

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
William - the warthog is definitelt much harder than aspen (what isn't?). It took at little extra attention with the skew to keep the surfaces level. Fortunately, the skew worked wel, so not a lot of sanding was required prior to finishing. And, Eagle, thanks for whoing off the inlay "before picture. I know I have it on my computer, but heaven only knows where it's filed. [8D]

bnoles

Egale and Lou, that is a spectacular job from both of you. I am awed by the talent represented by the combined effort on both parts. Lou, what finishing routine did you use? You pens are always perfection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom