Fruity Pebbles, Fabric, and Worthless wood

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from JohnU

JohnU

My daughter challenges me by loving the pens I cast. She says her friends at school ask to borrow pens all the time and love to see what she brings next. I came up with the fruity pebbles polaris. I thought they might absorb resin better and get more soggy but no such luck. Lots of CA were needed to smooth out the surface pits.

The second pen was a cast of left over fabric for my wife. She loves the colors so I tried to make it work. next time I think I will just paint it on, not being a fan of the fabric texture.

The third pen was an attempt to use some worthelss buckeye burl and some emerald green silmar 41. The metal is black titanium. The finish is lacquer.

The last pic is of the group of pens sent to school so the kids didnt have to borrow. Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• Polaris Fruity Pebbles.JPG
    Polaris Fruity Pebbles.JPG
    25.5 KB · Views: 388
  • Cigar Fabric PR.JPG
    Cigar Fabric PR.JPG
    37.5 KB · Views: 414
  • Cigar Buckeye Emerald worthless wood.JPG
    Cigar Buckeye Emerald worthless wood.JPG
    20.2 KB · Views: 312
  • Cigar Acrylics.JPG
    Cigar Acrylics.JPG
    59.9 KB · Views: 295
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

its_virgil

This last group...did you cast those blanks?

Nice group of pens. I've seen several cereals cast, and although novel, didn't really do much for me. The fruity pebbles are at least colorful and I kinda like the effect of the colors. I especially like the fabric. I think that pen looks really cool...can you tell, I like color.

Thanks for sharing.
Do a good turn daily!
Don
The last pic is of the group of pens sent to school so the kids didnt have to borrow. Thanks for looking!

Top Bottom