Fruitcake

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from YoYoSpin

Status
Not open for further replies.

YoYoSpin

Thought I'd try the fruitcake EPR look on some Sierras. Hope you like them.
Sierra_14a.jpg

Sierra_15a.jpg

Sierra_13a.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rtjw

Ed, what are you casting yours in? I was casting in a 3/4 inch pvc pipe but found that I could not get the pieces distributed more evenly. I finally went to casting back in the 3 X 6 inch mold that Anthony suggested for casting molds. The pieces do get distributed more evenly.

Here is my latest experiment with pieces. I call it confetti. Sorry if anyone thinks I am hijacking his thread, but I have been working on this for a while and just cant get the pieces distributed evenly. Ed, yours seem to be distributed pretty evenly.

200692019578_confetti.jpg
<br />

Dario

Johnny,

Could it be due to the size?

Personally, I think it will look much better if the pieces are cast in a clear PR then just color the inside of the hole. It will give the blank depth and show the color better. Again that is only my personal thinking based on my obeservations....since I have NEVER casted anything to date yet. [:D]

rtjw

I thought about that also Dario. But Then I would have to color the tubes or something. And that is what I am worst at. I wanted to make a caramel ripple pen one time. But after trying to color the tube. I gave away the rest of the caramel ripple. Way too hard.

YoYoSpin

RTJW, I'm thinking that the size of the chips is what makes the difference. I'm just taking PR scraps and breaking them up into smaller pieces with a hammer. I end up selecting pieces that are from about 1/8" to 1/2" in diameter and toss the smaller chips. Then fill up one of those molds you mentioned (Delvies Plastics molds) with a random selection of the chips and fill in the voids with a contrasting color of liquid PR.

scubaman

Passed Away Jun 20, 2018
In Memoriam
Originally posted by YoYoSpin
<br />Thought I'd try the fruitcake EPR look on some Sierras. Hope you like them.
Is it OK in this forum to say 'not really'? I like many of your pens, Ed, but these... sorry!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom