Froze my "you know what's" off making this...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Bobostro61

Bobostro61

4 degrees outside, probably 7 in my garage. Made this today. A PSI Classic style in spalted tamarind and 8 coats of CA.

Attachments

• IMG_1609.jpg
    IMG_1609.jpg
    205.3 KB · Views: 456
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Froze something!

I pulled some late night duty in my workshop the Christmas so I feel your pain! Excellent job on the pen. Really nice color on that wood.

Regards, Gary

SDB777

Bob....they make heaters you know....:eek:

I turn on my wall mounted heater(natural gas 30,000BTU), and wait inside next to the coffee pot....

You did well, I always wondered if there were issues with doing a CA finish when it was below freezing(I ain't gonna try though)!!

Scott (drug screening for those turning at 3*F or less) B

Jim Burr

Banned
Ha!! I can't help be feel your pain Bob!!! Even thought we're in the middle of Ca, we hit the low 20's sustained for about two weeks. Ya'll get a bunch of oranges and veggies from us so it was a bit rare!
Great lookin' wood and finish...did it freeze open?
Merry Christmas!!!

Bob....they make heaters you know....:eek:

I turn on my wall mounted heater(natural gas 30,000BTU), and wait inside next to the coffee pot....

You did well, I always wondered if there were issues with doing a CA finish when it was below freezing(I ain't gonna try though)!!

Scott (drug screening for those turning at 3*F or less) B

I have done CA at 18 degrees and never had a problem.

Sent from my Galaxy Tab 3 using Forum Runner

CrimsonKeel

CA works at that temp only if you create some friction or use activator. I think i could squirt some on the bench and it would still be soft the next day. eventually it hardens though

Top Bottom