A Friends First Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Ken Massingale

Status
Not open for further replies.
Archie and Janet, close friends of LOML and I, came over for the weekend. Both are interested in turning. When I asked if either would like to turn a pen, Janet jumped at the opportunity. Janet has turned once before, a few months ago when I attempted to teach her to turn a spindle. I told her to choose the wood she wanted, she choose BOW, of course.
After I had walked her through the cutting, drilling, glueing, trimming, turning, sanding and finishing for a Cigar, this is what she produced. I think she did great, first pen or not.
Thanks for looking,
ken
2005612131326_firstpen003sm.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Daniel

Ken,
Isn't it just great to walk someone through the process?
I go tto do the same thing recently with a new friend and co-worker. He is now hell bent for penmaking. has given me some pretty great ideas. adn is still pushing the edge in several ways. as obsessed with finding a home stabalizing process as I am but, actually doing some experiements which I am not. We do discuss it alot together though. You all know him as Ben. I's also been nice to have a fellow turner to talk to face to face, even if he does make a funny looking Cigar pen[:D][}:)]

JimGo

Sure looks good to me! Please tell her we said congratulations! Oh, and remember to let us know when she orders her lathe! [:)]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom