Freedom Pen Contribution

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from JimM

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimM

If I did this correct, a thumbnail will appear and it is a photo of one of twenty pens I have completed so far for the Freedom Pen Project at SMC. The pen is a Slimline and is turned from Corian pieces.

This represents not only my contribution to our troops, but it is the first pens I have ever turned.

Also thanks to the many discussions on this forum, you guys and gals are really great!

Jim

tn_freedom_pen.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JimGo

Wow, that's a great job, especially for a first pen! Excellent purpose for it, too. I'm sure it will find a good home, and hope it brings the new owner lots of luck.

JimM

Thanks folks and I also appreciate the enlargement Travis. I will be boxing up 20 of these to send out the first of the week.

I used a nylon photo cube that was a little over 2' cube. Naturally it is white. The pen has white in it and I placed it on a white poster board inside the cube. If that wasn't enough, I also had a couple of clear acrylic pen cases. I was amazed that the photo came out as well as it did. Beginners luck I guess.

There certainly is a lot of inspiration here that you folks share so freely. I appreciate the kind remarks.
Jim

Rmartin

Fantastic! This is your first pen? Wow

I saw this earlier and you've inspired me to get my hands on some Corian. I'm guessing the red is "Hot", the white is "Glacier", and not sure about the blue, maybe "Cobalt", or "Azure", or even "Oceanic"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom