Freebie (Now with Dental Floss tip)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Chuck Key

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuck Key

Got on a roll and ended up with nine of these.

Today. I found this blank in my tool box and had to see what was inside. Its Koa.

200771212648_koa1.jpg

Yesterday. Filled an order for seven pens. Since this makes over thirty this customer has ordered I threw in a freebie.

From Left. First two Bocote, Third from left Bloodwood, Middle is the freebie in Pakkawood, Three on the right Zebrawood

Bottom of photo: Afzilia Xylay

20077121294_AXLAY3.jpg

Chuckie

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

gerryr

Every time I see these I say I gotta try that and then I forget. Really nice job on all of them, but the Koa is the best.[:p]

Chuck Key

Jerry,

I use an assembly tool. One end of the tool is turned to fit into the barrel. The other end has a taper turned on it with a step to end that fits into the barrel. I slide the clip on the tool then onto the barrel. I get a picture of the assembly tool tommorrow.

Laurie,

I believe Don Ward posted instructions on how to make these.

Chuckie

Chuck Key

Originally posted by Chuck Key
<br />Jerry,

I use an assembly tool. One end of the tool is turned to fit into the barrel. The other end has a taper turned on it with a step to end that fits into the barrel. I slide the clip on the tool then onto the barrel. I get a picture of the assembly tool tommorrow.

Chuckie

Someone was sleeping when they wrote that last night[:D]

Anyway, here is a photo of the assembly tool.

2007712172633_KOA2.jpg
<br />

Chuckie

Jerryconn

That's very clever Chuckie, maybe I just don't see it in the picture does it also slide over the barrel to just above the groove you have cut for the clip protecting that 1/2" or so from the top of the barrel to the groove?

Chuck Key

This one does not over lap the end. The shoulder is slightly wider than the pen barrel and so far once the clip is started pushing it the rest of the way to the groove has not caused damage to the finish.

The other tool I use is dental floss. I use it to clean and polish the grooves on the other end of the barrel [:)]

Chuckie

arioux

arioux

Hi,

Sorry, i think you need to be member of the group to acces the file, should hae tought about it before posting the link. Mabe someone know where else to find those instructions or just sing in, it's free and altough I prefer IAP, it's still a nice information source.

Alfred

jtate

I got an error message too.
I think it might because the URL is so long. Could you do a cut and paste through TINYURL.COM to make a little URL that we could click on.

Thanks for going to this extra trouble.

Mikey

Wow, that Koa one at the top is awesome. Looks like Xylay Koa to me. i've seen a fair share of super curly, but never like that. VERY NICE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom