From the freebie that Exotic Blanks gave me...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from LagniappeRob

LagniappeRob

Exotic Blanks gave me a few feebies with my order... This one I believe is called "Gold Rush" (I need to go check the label to be sure ... I might be thinking of the red & gold one). Actually it's only about 2/3 of the blank - the other part went on a .50 cal bullet.

I haven't figured out how to get a good picture yet. It's very pearlized with lots of depth and tones I can't seem to capture. But this will give you an idea - it's MUCH better in person.

Thanks Ed & Dawn!! Great service and freebies to boot! I'll be buying more!

Attachments

• IMAG0935-small.jpg
    IMAG0935-small.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 255
  • IMAG0936-small.jpg
    IMAG0936-small.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 237
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Drstrangefart

You might wanna try putting the pens on a white backdrop in a room with good overhead flourescent lighting in it. It's not as good as a fancy-pants photo booth/light box, but it definitely works well enough for me. I just let my camera'a auto-focus and flash do the rest.

bitshird

Nice job, however I sort of agree with Allan, your red background with a high gloss bleeds particularly onto the black components, and are also going to throw off the color of your blank. White though isn't the only color you can use, get some project paper, shoot tight and use different sheets, a cheap solution for colored backgrounds.

LagniappeRob

I know. I tried several places to take pictures around the house. The problem is everything has colors, patterns or glare that mess with it - granite, wood, glass, etc. I'm going to have to do something, at least with the red, I can somewhat adjust until I make/buy something better.

JD Combs Sr

Got a white pillowcase, tee shirt,even a white piece of copy paper.

+1, just build a wire frame out of some old coat hangers to hold the pillow case open and throw a couple shop lights around the outside of it shinning through the pillow case, presto "light tent".

Top Bottom