Free Style Loser

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Dalecamino

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Thought I'd go ahead and post this one, since it failed to make the final cut in the Free Style contest. Merlot Lucite blank from Indy-Pen-Dance.It has a Heritage semi-flex nib, and Ebonite section from the same vendor. I sliced the blank into sections and rotated each piece to get this affect. Installed a couple brass bands, and turned a brass finial. Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• IMG_1114.JPG
    IMG_1114.JPG
    89.2 KB · Views: 155
  • IMG_1115.JPG
    IMG_1115.JPG
    65.7 KB · Views: 158
  • IMG_1116-1.JPG
    IMG_1116-1.JPG
    50 KB · Views: 174
  • IMG_1117-1.JPG
    IMG_1117-1.JPG
    67.4 KB · Views: 167
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wizard

Chuck, That is a gorgeous pen. I can think a lot of very complimentary adjectives to describe your beautiful pen but can assure you loser is not one of them. The work you put into that stunning piece is very evident..!!
I think they should have a different category for space vehicles:rolleyes:. Darn Trekkies !!! Argghhh. Chuck, thanks for sharing!!!! Doc:)

SDB777

How long was the blank that you used? Did you use a thin kerf blade to keep the 'loss of material' under control?

I like the effect. Well done.

Scott

Justturnin

Where? I keep going through the thread and cant find a loser anywhere. That pen is amazing and I hope one day I can have something at that level fall from my lathe. Great work.

cnirenberg

Chuck,
That's hot. I like the cut and twist on the pen, great looking touch. As always the center band and clip attachment is spoot on. Great looking pen.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
How long was the blank that you used? Did you use a thin kerf blade to keep the 'loss of material' under control?

I like the effect. Well done.

Scott
Scott, I use 2 regular size blanks with these pens, since I turn on a metal lathe. I cut the slices on a 10" band saw. The kerf is .019 I think.

Thanks to all for the kind remarks, they are very much appreciated. The pens in the contest are just amazing, as I knew they would be. Good luck to the finalists!

Top Bottom