Free Corian and Aluminum

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Buzzzz4

Buzzzz4

I had someone hand me some corian samples and wondered if I could pull off a pen with it. I had never tried corian before and found out this stuff is nice to turn. This is the black chrome Wallstreet II components with aluminum Coke can segmented in.

il_430xN.147792648.jpg

il_430xN.147792673.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rfturner

You did a great job on the segmenting I like to work with corian because it is a cheap alternative to stone. Good use of the aluminum can

I cut my teeth on Corian. Its rare to find any thicker than 1/2 in. I have sold over 100 corians in the past year. If drilled true, you can put a larger center band on them. It makes a good looking pen. It is very dusty when cutting, and will crack easy if the pieses start to go in crooked. Most colors sell well, and none look like the piece you start with

Buzzzz4

Very nice pen. You have to have very sharp tools for that and turn slow don't you?

It finishes very nice. Seemed easier to finish than acrylic. Sanded from 320-400 then micromeshed wet all the way up to 12000. I also use scratch remover for final sine with Ren wax. I was getting ribbons (small short ones) with my skew. I don't know if they have to be that sharp, but mine are usually sharp anyway. Definitely a great thing to try if you can get ahold of some samples from a countertop supply store.

Thanks all for the great comments.

Top Bottom