Four Student Pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from mark james

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
I own/run a day care center ( 200 kids, 35 teachers). When my older students turn 11... that is their last year with me (licensed up to age 12). As a gift/birthday present... They can pick a kit and blank!

These are the last 4 from this year.

A very mixed blend of students... One has 3 siblings - no beds to sleep on, they sleep on air mattresses every night (Great kids - all 4); another has been at my center since 6 weeks old (I changed her diapers, now she is taller than me!), both parents are in the medical field at the Cleveland Clinic network; the third is Autistic and bounced from center to center due to bullying... has been with me for 2 years and "my" kids have accepted him as "one of our own;" the final has a single mom who struggles to keep a job and put food on the table... this girl asked every day for when her pen would be done!. She is bright, energetic, engaged, and has absolutely nothing to support her... She is a great kid!

I gave the first pen out this AM (spring break week) and the student #4 carried it in her hand all day...

Folks... this was a good day for me!

Attachments

• IMG_0680.jpg
    IMG_0680.jpg
    146.1 KB · Views: 298
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ironman123

Mark, those are some snazzy looking pens. Wonderful goodbye gifts that will have good memories when someone asks them where did they get that pen. Good work all the way around Mark.

Ray

jdmacdo

Those 4 pens look fantastic, and I am sure that both you and the kids will leave with some wonderful memories of the time together.

OZturner

Mark, Most of us Pen Makers / Turners, are delighted when we create a pen that is different, and acclaimed by our Peers.

That is the absolute highest award, or reward, we are likely to achieve.

I was intrigued while reading your post, in which you explained your business, and the difference you are making to the young lives of those children entrusted to your care.

As I read my eyes welled up. Yes I am getting old, and perhaps sentimental, but the emotional surge I got was somewhat overwhelming.

You my Friend are in a Special League.
Not only do you receive satisfaction and acclaim for the brilliant Pens you create, but also in the Positive Contribution you are making to the lives of those youngsters.

I take my hat off, and salute you.

Looking at their choice and the kits, we are not talking Slimlines,

These four pens are brilliant.
The fact that they chose their Kit and Blank, makes these pens, combined with the result of your personal physical contribution, A Memento of Priceless Value, made especially for them by you.
That way they will always have a little bit of you with them, as they journey through their life.

Congratulations, and Admiration,
Brian.

Magicbob

Very nice work Mark, both with the children and the pens.
You sir, are an inspiration. The children and your staff are lucky to have a person like you in their lives and we are lucky to have you in our hobby.

wizard

Angel on a shoulder

Mark,
What you do for children is priceless as the pen itself !!! What they proudly carry with them every day is a part of you...the goodness, generosity, and most of all, the time you took to make a one of a kind item just for them. The pen is a transitional object that allows an angel to sit on their shoulder and watch over them. You are an awesome angel. The difference you made in a child's life will have ripples that span generations...and it all started with the gift of your time.
Warm Regards,
Doc
:)

Top Bottom