Four For A Snowy Weekend

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Lathemaster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lathemaster

Snowy day - nothing beats making sawdust.

Decided to try the CA/BLO finish approach and play with something a little different.

3 pens on the left are all from some Wild Virginia Cherry left from another project. The blanks were cut on a 15 degree bias. This cherry really darkens with age, so I'm anxious to see what the pen with the Cocobolo cap looks like in 6 months. The other 2 have walnut segments.

Pen number 4 is from a pommelle bubinga blank I got from Stan Cook of Long Hollow Pens.

All four were sanded through MM12000.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Lathemaster

Thanks for the comments especially on the segments. I'm such a traditionalist - I've been looking at all the segmented pens here and on the various artist website - beauty is in the eye of the beholder - truly.

So the "simple" walnut segments in these pens is truly "radical" for me. Hope to learn more from the wonderful folks here - maybe more thinking outside the box.

I am really pleased with the CA/BLO finish even though the pictures don't do it justice. - LOML has already told me not to give the Bubinga pen to anyone even though she has yet to let me photograph the Cocobolo pen she ran off with 2 weeks ago.

Cheers
HotJoe (Mike)[:D]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom